Tsomoriri4609 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tso Moriri, 194404, Leh, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Waterfront, Family And Kids, Lake, Valley, Nature
The breathtaking Rushpu Valley cradles the wintery oasis that is Tsomoriri Saltwater Lake. Though the trip from Leh is long and arduous, the sheer majesty of the Ladakh landscape will keep you invested in the ride. Following the river, you’ll know you’re close when the water suddenly widens, delivering you into a green and clue paradise. High peaks loom over the cold, marshy wetlands leading to the lake, feeding it with melting ice, creating the largest among the Ladakhian high lakes. The grass here is bright green, the water is sky blue.
The lake supports little aquatic life, but makes up for it by being home to a fantastic variety of birds. Less commercialized than Pangong Tso, the lake is more serene. The nearby Korzok Village provides sleeping and camping amenitites.
Tsomoriri Travel Tips
- One may not pitch camps or construct anything on the lake banks.
- The sleeping amenities might not be hygienic. It’s best to bring your own sleeping bag.
- Food is very basic: dal, rice and vegetables (no meat).
- Dress very, very warmly.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tsomoriri
- Tent prices vary from Rs.2500 (Swiss) to Rs.1500 (regular).
- Accessible Mid April to Early October.
How to Reach Tsomoriri
- By car
- Tsomoriri Camp and Resort
- Nomadic Life Camp
- Mentok Guesthouse
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leh and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.32% of people who visit Leh include Tsomoriri in their plan
73.58% of people start their Tsomoriri visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Tsomoriri
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tsomoriri