Zanskar ValleyCurrently Open
- Address: Kathmandu Hotel, Zanskar Valley Road, Jammu and Kashmir 194104, Leh, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Valley
Apparently this one of the remotest locations in India, and also one of the most majestic. You know you’re in the heart of Zanskar for sure when you’ve reached the Kathmandu Hotel in Padum. To get here you have to go past Kargil, Suru Valley, the twin peaks of Nun and Kun, Parkachik Village (where you can go hiking up to Parkachik la), Parkachik glacier, Rangdum Village, Penzi La (the highest point on this road, from where you can see Drang Drung glacier), and finally Padum. Clearly, the point of getting here is the drive. From there, you can also visit the nearby village of Sani. The whole place is in the Greater Himalayas and every hour of the journey is filled with breathtaking sights. Now, you can do all this in one trip, or you can stop at the various guesthouses in villages on the way to Padum, which is frankly a better and less exhausting way to go.
- You should leave by 3am in the morning if you want to reach the valley. The 250 kilometre ride from Leh to Padum can take 4 hours.
- Not accessible in winter, when the roads are closed from the heavy snows.
- Guesthouses and food at Sankoo, Panikhar, Rangdum and Padum.
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Leh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leh and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.99% of people who visit Leh include Zanskar Valley in their plan
95% of people start their Zanskar Valley visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Zanskar Valley
81.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zanskar Valley