Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig
Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Richard-Lehmann-Straße 114, 04275 Leipzig, Germany
Ticket Price: 12 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.5K times in trip plans
Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig
One of the popular tourist attractions of Leipzig, Asisi Panometer takes you on a virtual tour to the historical past of Leipzig. Step inside the studio and you will see that it is a visual panorama displayed inside a former gasometer, accompanied by themed based exhibition. The concept was introduced by a famous Austrian artist, named Yadegar Asisi. The gasometer inside the Panometer is of 57 meters diameter and of 49 meters height that includes a cupola with lantern. Later in 2005, it was renovated according to Asisi’s panoramic display. Finally, a glass foyer was added where now the restaurant is situated.
The striking feature of the Panometer is its large pictures which are nearly 105 meters in circumference and about 30 meters high. Today, these pictures are said to be the largest one, all around the world. At present, the exhibition celebrates 200th anniversary of the Battle of Leipzig, depicting the city during the war time. Previously, themes like Mount Everest, Ancient Rome and Amazonia were displayed in the exhibition.
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Information
- Animals are not allowed in the exhibition.
- Apart from the 15-metre high visitors' platform (access via stairs), all exhibition and service areas are suitable for wheelchair users. The Panorama, of course, can also be viewed from the ground level.
- Guided tour last for 90 minutes.
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Ticket Prices
- Reduced (school students of 17 – 20 years, full time students, pass holders, disabled people) – 10 €
- Children – (6 -16 years) - 6€
- Children (under 6 years of age) – free
- Groups (of 10 or more ) - 9€/ person
- School groups of 10 or more(1 adult accompanying – free) - 5€/ person
- Parent-children ticket (2 adults+ 2 children between 6 -16years ) - 29€ (for 4 person) (additional 5€ for additional children)
- Annual Ticket - 35 €
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 1 hour before end of exhibition (different opening hours for special events)
- Cafe – 10am -5pm (Tuesday to Friday); 10am – 6pm (Saturday, Sunday, public holidays); Monday – closed.
How To reach Asisi Panometer Leipzig by Public Transport
- S-Bahn Line 1 to 5 MDR station.
- Bus line 70 and get off at Altenburger Straße bus stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Leipzig before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leipzig and book an accommodation of your choice.
Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig Reviews - Write a Review
It was cool, brought back memories of Titanic. Great artwork by a Irani-German women shining the light on the history.
Amazing attraction - nowdays with theme of shipwrecked life-sized Titanic!!! The lights and sounds there add to this place spirit of real!!! very intense experience!!! Worth it even not situated in city centre!
One of the best museum/art experiences I've ever had. The beginning is informative and sets the tone for the masterpiece inside. Highly recommend. I will be searching out the artists other locations to see more.
nice place to visit, titanic is not so so interesting compare to other exhibits but still good.
Amazing building! And the exhibition of Titanic is so great that I had goose bums all the time while walking around!