Asisi Panometer Leipzig, LeipzigCurrently Closed
- Address: Richard-Lehmann-Straße 114, 04275 Leipzig, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-3413555340
- Ticket Price: 12 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Heritage Building
About Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig
One of the popular tourist attractions of Leipzig, Asisi Panometer takes you on a virtual tour to the historical past of Leipzig. Step inside the studio and you will see that it is a visual panorama displayed inside a former gasometer, accompanied by themed based exhibition. The concept was introduced by a famous Austrian artist, named Yadegar Asisi. The gasometer inside the Panometer is of 57 meters diameter and of 49 meters height that includes a cupola with lantern. Later in 2005, it was renovated according to Asisi’s panoramic display. Finally, a glass foyer was added where now the restaurant is situated.
The striking feature of the Panometer is its large pictures which are nearly 105 meters in circumference and about 30 meters high. Today, these pictures are said to be the largest one, all around the world. At present, the exhibition celebrates 200th anniversary of the Battle of Leipzig, depicting the city during the war time. Previously, themes like Mount Everest, Ancient Rome and Amazonia were displayed in the exhibition.
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Information
- Animals are not allowed in the exhibition.
- Apart from the 15-metre high visitors' platform (access via stairs), all exhibition and service areas are suitable for wheelchair users. The Panorama, of course, can also be viewed from the ground level.
- Guided tour last for 90 minutes.
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Ticket Prices
- Reduced (school students of 17 – 20 years, full time students, pass holders, disabled people) – 10 €
- Children – (6 -16 years) - 6€
- Children (under 6 years of age) – free
- Groups (of 10 or more ) - 9€/ person
- School groups of 10 or more(1 adult accompanying – free) - 5€/ person
- Parent-children ticket (2 adults+ 2 children between 6 -16years ) - 29€ (for 4 person) (additional 5€ for additional children)
- Annual Ticket - 35 €
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 1 hour before end of exhibition (different opening hours for special events)
- Cafe – 10am -5pm (Tuesday to Friday); 10am – 6pm (Saturday, Sunday, public holidays); Monday – closed.
How To reach Asisi Panometer Leipzig by Public Transport
- S-Bahn Line 1 to 5 MDR station.
- Bus line 70 and get off at Altenburger Straße bus stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Leipzig before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leipzig and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Asisi Panometer Leipzig
89.62% of people who visit Leipzig include Asisi Panometer Leipzig in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
49.49% of people start their Asisi Panometer Leipzig visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Asisi Panometer Leipzig
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Asisi Panometer Leipzig
Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig Reviews
I saw the titanic panorama. I had only one day in leipzig and thought to visit this place and I do not regret. The experience is unique. It is 11.50 euro for a normal ticket, maybe a little bit pricey but I am sure it is hard and expensive to make a panoramic view like that
This place is great! I have never been in a place like this before. Wonderful atmosphere, unique experience.
It was cool, brought back memories of Titanic. Great artwork by a Irani-German women shining the light on the history.
Amazing attraction - nowdays with theme of shipwrecked life-sized Titanic!!! The lights and sounds there add to this place spirit of real!!! very intense experience!!! Worth it even not situated in city centre!
Awesome historical experience of the development of steel, ships and then the exciting Titanic 3D movie... Leipzig!!!
All QuestionsAsisi panometer leipzig
Find places near Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig
Kartoffelsäckchen Zschornewitz Golpaer Straße 1122.905 km away
Eiscafe Klepels Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 172.248 km away
Klein-Möhlau Altjeßnitzer Straße 12.947 km away
Gaststätte Freibad Möhlau Brotweg 11.659 km away
Gaststätte Möhlauer See Hauptstraße 162.1 km away
Firma Christina Tsagkarake Gremminer Straße 362.638 km away
Sportforum Möhlau Am Stadion 72.157 km away
Gaststätte zur Lehrwerkstatt Inh. Marek Surosz Golpaer Straße 1122.906 km away
Palermo Pizza-Service August-Bebel-Platz 22.83 km away
Hotel G. Henkel Dorfstraße 26A2.407 km away
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Leipzig
- Russische Gedachtniskirche
- Museum Fur Druckkunst In Leipzig
- Kriminalmuseum Leipzig
- Deutsches Buch- Und Schriftmuseum
- Monument To The Battle Of The Nations
- Museum Fur Musikinstrumente Der Universitat Leipzig
- Wildpark Leipzig
- Botanischer Garten
- Höfe Am Brühl