Asisi Panometer LeipzigCurrently Closed
- Address: Richard-Lehmann-Straße 114, 04275 Leipzig, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-3413555340
- Ticket Price: 12 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Heritage Building
Asisi Panometer Leipzig - Review
One of the popular tourist attractions of Leipzig, Asisi Panometer takes you on a virtual tour to the historical past of Leipzig. Step inside the studio and you will see that it is a visual panorama displayed inside a former gasometer, accompanied by themed based exhibition. The concept was introduced by a famous Austrian artist, named Yadegar Asisi. The gasometer inside the Panometer is of 57 meters diameter and of 49 meters height that includes a cupola with lantern. Later in 2005, it was renovated according to Asisi’s panoramic display. Finally, a glass foyer was added where now the restaurant is situated.
The striking feature of the Panometer is its large pictures which are nearly 105 meters in circumference and about 30 meters high. Today, these pictures are said to be the largest one, all around the world. At present, the exhibition celebrates 200th anniversary of the Battle of Leipzig, depicting the city during the war time. Previously, themes like Mount Everest, Ancient Rome and Amazonia were displayed in the exhibition.
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Information
- Animals are not allowed in the exhibition.
- Apart from the 15-metre high visitors' platform (access via stairs), all exhibition and service areas are suitable for wheelchair users. The Panorama, of course, can also be viewed from the ground level.
- Guided tour last for 90 minutes.
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Ticket Prices
- Reduced (school students of 17 – 20 years, full time students, pass holders, disabled people) – 10 €
- Children – (6 -16 years) - 6€
- Children (under 6 years of age) – free
- Groups (of 10 or more ) - 9€/ person
- School groups of 10 or more(1 adult accompanying – free) - 5€/ person
- Parent-children ticket (2 adults+ 2 children between 6 -16years ) - 29€ (for 4 person) (additional 5€ for additional children)
- Annual Ticket - 35 €
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 1 hour before end of exhibition (different opening hours for special events)
- Cafe – 10am -5pm (Tuesday to Friday); 10am – 6pm (Saturday, Sunday, public holidays); Monday – closed.
How To reach Asisi Panometer Leipzig by Public Transport
- S-Bahn Line 1 to 5 MDR station.
- Bus line 70 and get off at Altenburger Straße bus stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Leipzig before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leipzig and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Asisi Panometer Leipzig
95% of people who visit Leipzig include Asisi Panometer Leipzig in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50.56% of people start their Asisi Panometer Leipzig visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Asisi Panometer Leipzig
93.03% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Asisi Panometer Leipzig
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Map
Asisi Panometer Leipzig Trips
Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig Reviews
This was hands down one of the most amazing pieces of art I have ever seen. There is nothing else like it. A combination of digital and drawing media blended flawlessly into a stunning panorama that is huge! It makes you feel so small in comparison to it's grandure. There are so many different ones to see as well that are scattered all across Europe. If there is one near you it's well worth it.
It was my random visit last year in Panorama and I didn’t expect that it will become so impressive and informative experience . It was on titanic theme. Started with describing about universal material (steel) it’s development and importance . Then there was huge size actual engineering drawings of all titanic decks, details on construction of Titanic , history about shipping company, ppl involved in construction, their quotes and then the reason of failure/crash. And at the end a huge Panoramic pictures crashed ship in the sea. There was little souvenirs shop and I bought a poster of Panoramic view of old/historic Rome.
After reading the other reviews about the exhibition I really wanted to like it, and I did, but only for 90 minutes. This is because it was 70 minutes to do "everything", read all of the text, watch all of the video clips, do the riddle-quiz with my kids and be in the main hall for quite a while. For the entrance fee I think there needs to be more content, such as more stories from the people involved in the design and construction of the ship(s) and other great feats of the time.
It is a huge 3D printing for the sinked Titanic ship. In the beginning of the exibition there are some photos of the iron construction technology. It good be little bit cheaper based on what offers.
Quite spectacular and informative. It's my first time experiencing some art so huge, so rich with details like this. Yadegar Asisi is an awesome artist
All QuestionsAsisi panometer leipzig
- Luru-Kino In Der Spinnerei
- Das Weisse Haus
- Stage Cooperation GmbH
- Internationaler Bund Freier Träger Der Jug.-, Sozial- Und Bildungsarb
- Ägyptisches Museum
- Kath. Dekanat Gohlis St. Georg
- BELANTIS SummerOpening-Party
- Garagengemeinschaft Leipzig Mockau-Ost
- Juwelier Roll
- Theater Der Jungen Welt
- G2 Gemeinnützige Gesellschaft Zur Förderung Der Kunst
Find places near Asisi Panometer Leipzig, Leipzig
Kartoffelsäckchen Zschornewitz Golpaer Straße 1122.905 km away
Eiscafe Klepels Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 172.248 km away
Klein-Möhlau Altjeßnitzer Straße 12.947 km away
Gaststätte Freibad Möhlau Brotweg 11.659 km away
Gaststätte Möhlauer See Hauptstraße 162.1 km away
Firma Christina Tsagkarake Gremminer Straße 362.638 km away
Sportforum Möhlau Am Stadion 72.157 km away
Gaststätte zur Lehrwerkstatt Inh. Marek Surosz Golpaer Straße 1122.906 km away
Palermo Pizza-Service August-Bebel-Platz 22.83 km away
Hotel G. Henkel Dorfstraße 26A2.407 km away