Bach Museum, Leipzig
About Bach Museum, Leipzig
Bach Museum, Leipzig - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Thomaskirchhof 15/16, 04109 Leipzig,Saxony, Germany
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 5.5K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Visit one of the oldest buildings of Leipzig, the museum displays the life and achievements by the famous heavyweight musician named Johann Sebastian Bach and his family. It is located just opposite to the St. Thomas Church (Thomaskirche). The highlight of the museum is the ‘treasure room’, located at the downstairs. Visit the room where you get to see one of the original manuscripts created by Bach himself. Some precious belongings of Bach are also on display, in this room. Treat your ears with some of his melodious composition in the audio room and visit Bach’s Orchestra where baroque instruments are put on display.
Apart from these, you can stroll in the pleasure garden of the museum or grab a small bite in the Cafe of the museum.
Bach Museum Information
- The languages used in audio guides are Chinese, German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Spanish.
- Most of the places in the museum are wheelchair accessible.
Bach Museum Ticket Prices
- Reduced price - 6€
- Children (upto 16years) – free
- Groups ( of 10 or more people)- 7€ / person
- Every first Tuesday of the month has free admission.
- Ticket details for group tours, visit official website.
- Audio guides - free
Bach Museum Opening and Closing Hours
Public Guided tour: 3pm (Friday), 11am (Sunday)
Museum cafe: November to March – 10am -7pm
- April to October – 10am – 10pm (Monday to Saturday); 10am – 7pm (Sunday)
How To reach Bach Museum by Public Transport
- Tram 9, Bus 89: Get off at St. Thomas Church
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Leipzig before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leipzig and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bach Museum, Leipzig Reviews - Write a Review
The museum does a excellent job displaying and documenting artifacts, esp the original scores and letters. The narrative of Bach's life is also well done, but the musical exhibits are underwhelming. No coherent attempt is made to give meaning or interpretation to the music you can listen to, beyond the basic distinctions of baroque music which you can read on wikipedia.
The museum couldn't have been better. The exposition of Bach's private life and exquisite connection with Luther was on point. Each era of his life was depicted accordingly through his literature, compositions and influence on the city of Leipzig.
Great museum documenting Bach's life and music. Incredible detail and research. Take the free audio guide.
Really, really very impressive and full-experience museum. Even my ten year old daughter liked it. Good facilities, be sure to check out the musicroom where you can increase a specific instrument by activating a bigger accent by a push of a button!
Incredible Museum, nor only for the Music Lovers, but also for the ones who wish to learn more about the great master Johann Sebastian Bach. The Museum contains a lot of Information about JS Bach and is very inclusive, with Special material for the Blind and the Deaf, and is accessible with a wheelchair.
- Nearby Attractions
- Russische Gedachtniskirche
- Botanischer Garten
- Wildpark Leipzig
- Museum Fur Druckkunst In Leipzig
- Museum Fur Musikinstrumente Der Universitat Leipzig
- Romanus Haus
- Deutsches Buch- Und Schriftmuseum
- Deutsche Nationalbibliothek Leipzig
- Leipzig Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Leipzig
- What to See in 48 Hours in Leipzig
- What to See in 72 Hours in Leipzig
- How to Spend 5 Days in Leipzig
- How to Spend 6 Days in Leipzig
- How to Spend 7 Days in Leipzig