How to Reach Leipzig
The Easiest Way to Reach Leipzig
HOW TO GET TO LEIPZING
- By Air: Leipzig/Halle Airport, also called as Schkeuditz Airport, is the second biggest airport in the eastern Germany after Berlin. The Airport is well connected to the city through the trains which run every 30 minutes.
- By Train: Leipzig has a strong railway network with Deutsche Bahn operating regular train services between Leipzig and nearby cities such as Berlin, Munich, Prague and Hamburg. Leipzig’s Hauptbahnhof is the largest terminal railway station in Europe.
- By Car: Leipzig is well connected with Autobahn highway system. The nearest highways are A14 (North, Northeast), A9 (West) and A38 (South).
HOW TO GET AROUND LEIPZING
- By Tram: With a strong tram network that is structured like a star with a circle in the centre, it is quiet easy to get around in the city and the outskirts. It is operated by LVB and most of the lines run every ten minutes during the day and at least hourly at night.
- By Taxi: It is quiet easy to get a taxi in the city. You can also wave for a taxi if the sign is lit up.
- By Bike: Leipzig has a wide network of rivers and channels with almost all of them having a bike track. There is a proper bike highway system as these bike paths run beneath the street level.
- By Night Bus: If you wish to roam around the city at night, you can get the Leipzig’s NightLiner buses which start from Hauptbahnhof.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Leipzig and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Leipzig
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Leipzig. The most preferred mode of transport in Leipzig is Bike.
Average distance: 22.32 km Average time: 35.6 min
Bike 33.33%Bike 7 min Overall average time for 1.8 kms 7 min
Car 16.67%Driving 25 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 20 kms 30 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.67%Bus 10 min Waiting 2 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 3 kms 14 min
Train/Metro 16.67%Train 80 min Waiting 15 min Walking 15 min Tram 10 min Overall average time for 85 kms 120 min
- How to reach Cities Near Leipzig
- How to reach Tangstedt
- How to reach Lohra
- How to reach Hungen
- How to reach Sundern-allendorf
- How to reach Dachwig
- How to reach Mötzing
- How to reach Burg-grambke
- How to reach Hüttblek
- How to reach Dingelstädt
- How to reach Bernried
- How to reach Burghaun
- How to reach Neustadt
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Petaling Jaya
- How to reach Goregaon
- How to reach Delft
- How to reach Grand Casablanca
- How to reach Plantation
- How to reach Montgeron
- How to reach Zuoying District
- How to reach Kuah
- How to reach Swaminarayan Nagar
- How to reach Atsugi