How to Reach Leipzig - The Easiest Way to Reach Leipzig
HOW TO GET TO LEIPZING
- By Air: Leipzig/Halle Airport, also called as Schkeuditz Airport, is the second biggest airport in the eastern Germany after Berlin. The Airport is well connected to the city through the trains which run every 30 minutes.
- By Train: Leipzig has a strong railway network with Deutsche Bahn operating regular train services between Leipzig and nearby cities such as Berlin, Munich, Prague and Hamburg. Leipzig’s Hauptbahnhof is the largest terminal railway station in Europe.
- By Car: Leipzig is well connected with Autobahn highway system. The nearest highways are A14 (North, Northeast), A9 (West) and A38 (South).
HOW TO GET AROUND LEIPZING
- By Tram: With a strong tram network that is structured like a star with a circle in the centre, it is quiet easy to get around in the city and the outskirts. It is operated by LVB and most of the lines run every ten minutes during the day and at least hourly at night.
- By Taxi: It is quiet easy to get a taxi in the city. You can also wave for a taxi if the sign is lit up.
- By Bike: Leipzig has a wide network of rivers and channels with almost all of them having a bike track. There is a proper bike highway system as these bike paths run beneath the street level.
- By Night Bus: If you wish to roam around the city at night, you can get the Leipzig’s NightLiner buses which start from Hauptbahnhof.
Are you looking for a Leipzig travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Leipzig
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Leipzig. The most preferred mode of transport in Leipzig is Bike.
Average distance: 19.43 km Average time: 34.5 min
Bike 28.57%Bike 7 min Overall average time for 1.8 kms 7 min
Car 14.29%Driving 25 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 20 kms 30 min
Train/Metro 14.29%Train 80 min Waiting 15 min Walking 15 min Tram 10 min Overall average time for 85 kms 120 min
Bus/Trolleybus 14.29%Bus 10 min Waiting 2 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 3 kms 14 min
Tram/Streetcar 14.29%Train 10 min Tram 10 min Waiting 5 min Walking 4 min Overall average time for 5 kms 29 min
How to Reach Leipzig from Nearby Cities
|Windischleuba to Leipzig||36.82 km||36 mins|
|Gera to Leipzig||60.61 km||1 hour 36 mins|
|Chemnitz to Leipzig||81.88 km||1 hour 21 mins|
|Riesa to Leipzig||98.17 km||1 hour 38 mins|
|Jena to Leipzig||99.74 km||1 hour 39 mins|
|Magdeburg to Leipzig||119.52 km||1 hour 59 mins|
|Potsdam to Leipzig||136.16 km||2 hours 16 mins|
|Dresden to Leipzig||153.65 km||2 hours 33 mins|
|Erfurt to Leipzig||155.47 km||2 hours 35 mins|
|Berlin to Leipzig||168.55 km||2 hours 48 mins|
- How to reach Chemnitz
- How to reach Weimar
- How to reach Dresden
- How to reach Potsdam
- How to reach Berlin
- How to reach Oranienburg
- How to reach Bamberg
- How to reach Erlangen
- How to reach Nuremberg
- How to reach Frankfurt
- How to reach Munich
- How to reach Hamburg
- How to reach Trier
- How to reach Mainz
- How to reach Aachen