Zoo Leipzig984 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pfaffendorfer Str. 29, 04105 Leipzig, Germany, 04105
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-3415933385
- Fax: +49-03415933303
- Ticket Price: 19 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Zoo, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries, Landmarks
Founded in 1878, Leipzig zoo is said to be one of the oldest zoo in the world. It was founded by Ernst Pinkert, who was eager to transform his restaurant “the Pfaffendorfer Hof” into a zoological garden. Legend says, nearly 4500 visitors came to see the opening of the zoo. Today, the zoo covers nearly 225,000 square meter land housing nearly 850 animals that include mammals, bird, reptile, amphibian and fish species. The entire zoo is divided into 6 themes like Asia, Africa, South America, rainforest of Gondwanaland, apes of Pongoland and the historical Founder’s Garden.
The list doesn’t end here. The zoo also caters as a perfect destination for many personal events.
Come and take a tour into the wild world of Leipzig.
Zoo Leipzig Travel Tips
- Every First Monday from 21st March to 31st October, you will be admitted to the zoo at the discounted winter prices (except public holidays).
Entrance Ticket Details For Zoo Leipzig
Summer prices (21st March – 31st October)
- Adults -16 €
- Concessions (for for disabled people, pupils, students, apprentice) - 15€
- Children (4 -14 years) - 11€
- Family (parents or grandparents – upto 2 adults and their children or grandchildren) - 47€
- Groups of 10 children or more (1 free adult with every 10 paying children) - 9€
Winter prices (1st November – 3rd March)
- Adults - 16€
- Concessions (for for disabled people, pupils, students, apprentice) - 13€
- Children (4 -14 years) - 9€
- Family (parents or grandparents – upto 2 adults and their children or grandchildren) - 40€
- Groups of 10 children or more (1 free adult with every 10 paying children) - 7€
- Adults - 70€
- Concessions (for for disabled people, pupils, students, apprentice) - 43€
- Children (4 -14 years) - 43€
- Family (parents or grandparents – upto 2 adults and their children or grandchildren) - 180€
- Leipzig Pass holders - 40€
- For evening tickets, Leipzig pass holders, Leipzig card and other ticket details for summer and winter season, visit the official website.
How to Reach Zoo Leipzig
- Tram no. 12 for Gohlis- Nord and get off at stop “Zoo”.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leipzig before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leipzig and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.18% of people who visit Leipzig include Zoo Leipzig in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
77.86% of people start their Zoo Leipzig visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Zoo Leipzig
93.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zoo Leipzig