St. Nicholas Church1027 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Nikolaikirchhof 3, 04109 Leipzig, Saxony,Germany, 04109
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-3419605270
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
Popularly known as Nikolaikirche (in Germany), St. Nicholas Church has been one of the popular churches of Leipzig for a long time. Though the church’s roots said to belong to the Romanesque and Gothic period, but the interior of the church has a striking resemblance with the neo-classical period. You can see its influence in the columns that has palm-like structure and cream colored long benches with back. History says, the church played a significant role in the non-violent movement that finally let to the downfall of East German government. Still the church holds peace prayers in the hope of bringing downfall to the injustice that might be plaguing the country.
Visit the church to have a look into the significant architectural work existing in the churches of Leipzig.
St. Nicholas Church Travel Tips
- The church doesn’t ask for entrance fee but you are welcome to leave a donation at the end.
- For a visit to the Rectory, special request need to be made.
- Tower guided tour are applicable for group of 15 people (maximum).
- Online donations are accepted.
Entrance Ticket Details For St. Nicholas Church
- Organ Guide - 5€ / person
- Guided Tower tours – 2.50€/ person
St. Nicholas Church Hours
Clock Service - 9:30am (Sunday)
- On Sunday – 10am -4pm
- Monday to Saturday: 10am - 6pm
- Nikolai Treff-Cafe encounter (in the Nikolai Church)
- Monday to Friday: 10am -5pm /6pm
For Church Tour – (For public visit)
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 5pm
- Saturday: 11am
Organ Guide – 4:30pm (Friday)
How to Reach St. Nicholas Church
- By city bus and get off at ‘Augustusplatz’ stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leipzig before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leipzig and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.81% of people who visit Leipzig include St. Nicholas Church in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
53.79% of people start their St. Nicholas Church visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Nicholas Church
57.03% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Nicholas Church