St. Nicholas Church, Leipzig
About St. Nicholas Church, Leipzig
St. Nicholas Church, Leipzig - Address, Phone Number
Address: Nikolaikirchhof 3, 04109 Leipzig, Saxony,Germany
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 5.8K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Popularly known as Nikolaikirche (in Germany), St. Nicholas Church has been one of the popular churches of Leipzig for a long time. Though the church’s roots said to belong to the Romanesque and Gothic period, but the interior of the church has a striking resemblance with the neo-classical period. You can see its influence in the columns that has palm-like structure and cream colored long benches with back. History says, the church played a significant role in the non-violent movement that finally let to the downfall of East German government. Still the church holds peace prayers in the hope of bringing downfall to the injustice that might be plaguing the country.
Visit the church to have a look into the significant architectural work existing in the churches of Leipzig.
St. Nicholas Church Information
- The church doesn’t ask for entrance fee but you are welcome to leave a donation at the end.
- For a visit to the Rectory, special request need to be made.
- Tower guided tour are applicable for group of 15 people (maximum).
- Online donations are accepted.
St. Nicholas Church Ticket Prices
- Organ Guide - 5€ / person
- Guided Tower tours – 2.50€/ person
St. Nicholas Church Opening and Closing Hours
Clock service - 9:30am (Sunday)
- On Sunday – 10am -4pm
- Monday to Saturday: 10am - 6pm
- Nikolai Treff-Cafe encounter (in the Nikolai Church)
- Monday to Friday: 10am -5pm /6pm
For Church Tour – (For public visit)
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 5pm
- Saturday: 11am
Organ Guide – 4:30pm (Friday)
How To reach St. Nicholas Church by Public Transport
- By city bus and get off at ‘Augustusplatz’ stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Leipzig before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leipzig and book an accommodation of your choice.
St. Nicholas Church, Leipzig Reviews - Write a Review
One of the most interesting and important sights in Leipzig. Although the church is medieval it has great architectural features from other periods.
Magnificent Place of Worship.. Glory be to God. Splendid display of God's hands at work. Love it
Rich in history, yet well preserved little church building. The place responsible for the reunification of Germany.
Beautiful little church with a stunning ceiling.
Nice church, but during my visit there was a holy mess, so do check the schedule if you wsnt to see The church inside.
- Nearby Attractions
- Leipziger Parkeisenbahn
- Pizza Hut
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Alter Johannisfriedhof
- Auerbachs Keller
- Morrison's Irish Pub
- Kriminalmuseum Leipzig
- Höfe Am Brühl
- Leipzig Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Leipzig
- What to See in 48 Hours in Leipzig
- What to See in 72 Hours in Leipzig
- How to Spend 5 Days in Leipzig
- How to Spend 6 Days in Leipzig
- How to Spend 7 Days in Leipzig