Visit the remarkable historical building which is said to be the first building of the square. A tour inside this magnificent Renaissance town hall takes you to an eternal journey which tells you about the twist the turns into the history of the city, starting right from its trading period to its present condition both in economy and culture. The facts also include details of the Battle of the Nations and the historical peaceful revolution of 1989. You can visit the temporary exhibition, situated in the extended portion, named the Neubau.
Entrance Ticket Details For Stadtgeschichtliches Museum
- Reduced (Children and school students under 18 years) - 4€
- For more ticket details, visit official website.
Stadtgeschichtliches Museum Hours
- Museum shop – 10am – 6pm (everyday).
- Guide tours - 5pm (1st Wednesday of every month).
- Guided tours to Treasury and jail - 4pm (2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, except public.
How to Reach Stadtgeschichtliches Museum
- By any tram and get off at stop “The Ring”.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leipzig before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leipzig and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.5% of people who visit Leipzig include Stadtgeschichtliches Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.14% of people start their Stadtgeschichtliches Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Stadtgeschichtliches Museum
62.59% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stadtgeschichtliches Museum