Lexington the second largest city in Kentucky is a beautiful city that dots the bluegrass fields of central Kentucky like a glistening jewel in a royal crown. Known as the Horse Capital of the World, Lexington offers vibrant horse racing and well-groomed horse farms to browse as well as a wealth of information at several horse-related museums and parks. The city has the world’s top equestrian events.
The city is also rich with history and natural beauty and provides visitors staying at hotels in Lexington, Kentucky with a large selection of historical sites and nature parks to wander through.
This city is not only good for tourism but is also high on education, it stands in the 10th position in United States in terms of education.
Essential travel information and Lexington tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity and Internet: the plug type in Lexington is Type A and Type B. Standard Voltage and Frequency is 120 V and 60 Hz.
- Internet is available throughout the city with Wi-Fi spots.
- Languages: Spanish and English
- Security/Emergency: 911
- State Police: 800-222-5555
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Centre: (859) 253-2615
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-TALK
- Kentucky Division of Emergency Management: (800) 255-2587
- The American Red Cross: (859) 253-1331
- National Weather Service: (859) 281-8131 or (800) 631-9212
Lexington Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Lexington. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Lexington trip planner.