How to Reach Lexington
HOW TO GET TO LEXINGTON
- By air: Blue Grass Airport has flights every hour to Lexington and is near to the Downtown too. Louisville and Cincinnati/Nothern Kentucky are larger airports that are just 1.5 hours away from Lexington.
- By train: the nearest train service is Amtrak’s Cardinal with stations in Maysville and in Cincinnati Ohio.
- By car: Usually the preferred routes are the two major interstates that are around the northern and eastern borders of the city. I-64 and I-75, first one runs from east to west connecting Louisville and the latter runs from north to south connecting with Cincinnati.
- By bus: Ten minutes away from the Downtown is the Greyhound station on New Circle road in the northern part of the city.
HOW TO GET AROUND LEXINGTON
- By bus: Every 35 minutes the Lextran provides bus service from the downtown transit centre to many parts of the city including the airport. The buses do not run after 11:00 p.m. and before 5:00a.m. The fare is just 1$ making it very affordable.
- On foot or bicycle: The Downtown area is very compact thus moving around on foot or bicycle is the best option.
- By Taxi: Taxi services are also available for the public. In case you don’t have taxi service apps, book a taxi in advance as it is not available easily in Downtown. There is wheel-and-spokes pattern that the roads of Lexington form. The New Circle road forms a circle around the inner city and arterial roads radiate from downtown.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Lexington. The most preferred mode of transport in Lexington is Car.
Average distance: 17.46 km Average time: 23.33 min
Car 100%Driving 23.33 min Overall average time for 17.46 kms 23.33 min