How to Reach Liberia - The Easiest Way to Reach Liberia
- By Air: Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (IATA: LIR)(ICAO: MRLB), is called Liberia Costa Rica Airport, 13km west of the city. Daily flights arrive in Liberia on several US airlines. Nature Air and Sansa Air, the domestic airlines also land here. A bus travels between the airport and city centre between 6AM-6PM.
- There is an exit tax that needs to be paid on international departures. You can pay by credit card, but it will be recorded as a cash advance with higher fees.
- By Bus: A large public bus network services Liberia and connects it with San Jose, the beaches and the Nicaraguan border. From the only stop light in town along the Pan American Highway, go 300 meters north and turn right. There is the Pulmitan de Liberia bus stop with buses going to San Jose (USD$ 5.-), and the general bus stop that will take you to Guanacaste beaches and the Nicaragua border.
- By Taxi: Liberia is at the cross section of the Interamericana that stretches throughout Central America and the Route 21 that heads to famous beaches such as Tamarindo.
- By Bus: Travel guides will tell you that you that you can get around Liberia by public bus or foot.
- On Foot: Liberia is a small city where everything you are likely to wish to see is within walking distance.
Are you looking for a Liberia travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Liberia from Nearby Cities
|Santa Cruz to Liberia||16.3 km||16 mins|
|Nosara to Liberia||104.68 km||2 hours 40 mins|
How to Reach Top Cities in Costa Rica
- How to reach Monteverde
- How to reach Jaco
- How to reach Alajuela
- How to reach La Fortuna
- How to reach Cahuita
- How to reach San Juan Sur