Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, LijiangCurrently Open
- Address: Yulong County 674100, China, Lijiang
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 130 CNY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Sport, View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Rock Climbing, Cable Car, Nature
About Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Lijiang
This the southernmost glacier in the Northern Hemisphere. It consists of 13 peaks. At 5600 metres, Shanzidou is the highest. It is called the jade Dragon Mountain because during the fog, from the villages it looks like a sleeping dragon. The mountain is covered with snow. It stretches for about 35 kilometres. It is believed that the mountain is the spirit of a man who had saved the villages from an evil fiend. The thirteen peaks are the 13 swords that he held against the enemy. Highlights include:
- Mountain climbing
- The Impression Lijiang Show
- The meadows at the foot
- A sanctuary for rare animals and plants
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Information
- You need to be fit to climb the mountain. It is a difficult climb.
- Carry a medical certificate with you.
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ticket Prices
- Impression Lijiang Show: CNY 190
- Bus to the ropeway terminal: CNY 20
- The ropeway trip (whole way): CNY 180
- The ropeway trip (till the middle): CNY 60
- The Ropeway Trip (small): CNY 50
How To reach Jade Dragon Snow Mountain by Public Transport
- Bus: 18 at Lijiang Railway Station
Restaurants Near Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Dongbala Zoulang Restaurant
- Panduwan Hazigu Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lijiang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lijiang and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Lijiang Reviews
Magnificent view.. the southernmost glacier in northern hemisphere
The sight here is unbelievable. I recommend ppl to go there for vacation.
Absolutely stunning, close to the old town Lijiang, beautiful place ❤❤❤
A must vist place in YunNan Prov. It's the paradise.
Nice place for vacation but not suitable for oldies