Jade Dragon Snow MountainCurrently Closed
- Address: Yulong County 674100, China, Lijiang
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 130 CNY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Sport, View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Rock Climbing, Cable Car, Nature
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain - Review
This the southernmost glacier in the Northern Hemisphere. It consists of 13 peaks. At 5600 metres, Shanzidou is the highest. It is called the jade Dragon Mountain because during the fog, from the villages it looks like a sleeping dragon. The mountain is covered with snow. It stretches for about 35 kilometres. It is believed that the mountain is the spirit of a man who had saved the villages from an evil fiend. The thirteen peaks are the 13 swords that he held against the enemy. Highlights include:
- Mountain climbing
- The Impression Lijiang Show
- The meadows at the foot
- A sanctuary for rare animals and plants
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Information
- You need to be fit to climb the mountain. It is a difficult climb.
- Carry a medical certificate with you.
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ticket Prices
- Impression Lijiang Show: CNY 190
- Bus to the ropeway terminal: CNY 20
- The ropeway trip (whole way): CNY 180
- The ropeway trip (till the middle): CNY 60
- The Ropeway Trip (small): CNY 50
How To reach Jade Dragon Snow Mountain by Public Transport
- Bus: 18 at Lijiang Railway Station
Restaurants Near Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Dongbala Zoulang Restaurant
- Panduwan Hazigu Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lijiang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lijiang and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
95% of people who visit Lijiang include Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
55.31% of people start their Jade Dragon Snow Mountain visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Map
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Trips
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Lijiang Reviews
The mountain view is great if the weather is good with little fog, personally I think the blue moon valley is prettier (see photos). Very crowded most of the time but crowd management is ok, be prepared to queue at the cable car and shuttle bus station.
Stunning scenery. The natural park was well managed. Little walking was needed as there is shuttle bus service that connects the tourist spots. Expect lots of people.
Nice snow mountain at the foot of the Himalayas.
One star, nothing to do with the mountain, but the people. There are many local Chinese tourists here, loud and uncivilized. They don’t even know to queue. It’s way too crowded and spent most of the time just stuck in a massive “zoo”. Totally doesn’t worth it. After 40 counties, this is the worst and chaotic place I ever been -China, far away from civilization.
Amazing view, impressive cable car.
All QuestionsJade dragon snow mountain
- Carleton Rode Parish Church
- Cattleloco Hoofcare
- Lufflands Caravan Park
- St Andrew C E Church
- Knowsley Council For Voluntary Service
- Slaidburn Heritage Centre
- The National Trust
- St Giles Parish Church
- Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints
- Ace Entertainment
- Killamarsh Angling Supplies
- Nether Green Working Mens Club
- Sheffield South Methodist Circuit
- Derbyshire County Council
- New Hope Church, Recreation Close, Clowne