Lijiang Old TownCurrently Closed
- Address: Old Town Area, Lijiang, China
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 80 CNY
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Market, Family And Kids, Town, Old Town
Lijiang Old Town - Review
The old town area of Lijiang preserves the traditional culture of the region. It is home to the minority clan of Naxi. The Naxi people are very particular about the aesthetic of their town and hence this place is a wonder to behold. Not only have the old houses and streets been well preserved, they have been improved upon gorgeously. But the old traditions have not been forgotten. Geographically this place is located at a height of 2400 metres. A river flows through it and it is surrounded by other mountains. The architecture is a mix of multicultural elements. The houses are built close to each other. The houses have gardens with beautiful flowers. The streets are narrow. The walls and doors have designs of people and animals on them. This place will make you feel nostalgic. Highlights and must sees include:
- Fancy Handicrafts shops
- The old bridges
- The Black Dragon pool
- Bluestone streets
- The art on the walls and the doors of the houses
- Live Bongo music
- The market
- The Donjing dance performed by the Naxi people
Lijiang Old Town Information
- An early morning visit is the best way to avoid the crowd.
- Negotiate with the sellers in the market to get a reasonable deal.
How To reach Lijiang Old Town by Public Transport
- An 8 minute cab ride from the Lijiang town centre.
Restaurants Near Lijiang Old Town
- Papillon Rouge
- Ling Ji Yu Zhuang
- Jiang Yu Tan
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lijiang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lijiang and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lijiang Old Town
95% of people who visit Lijiang include Lijiang Old Town in their plan
82.76% of people start their Lijiang Old Town visit around 09 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Lijiang Old Town
86.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lijiang Old Town