Notre Dame De La Treille688 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Place Gilleson, 59800 Lille, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: 33-320315912
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Inspired by a 12th century figure of the Virgin, the nobility of Lille decided to erect a Cathedral following the Gothic traditions of the 13th century. The building started in the late nineteenth century but it took almost a century for it to complete. Ironically, the very figurine for which the building was erected was stolen in 1959, and now a replica rests in its place. Noted for it’s beautiful stained windows, chapels featuring scenes from the lives of Christ, the Virgin and the saints. Immediately upon entering the church you’ll be lulled into tranquillity by the soft choral music as you wander among the chapels. In front of the church is a quiet square where on any given day you’ll find lots of people with snacks in their hands, spending time in quiet contemplation. The church is also the seat of the Bishop of the Archdiocese of Lille.
Notre Dame De La Treille Travel Tips
- Mass is at 11am on Sunday.
- Disability access is through the elevator to the left of the cathedral.
- Guided tours require prior registration.
How to Reach Notre Dame De La Treille
- Rihour Subway Staion (Line 1)
- Gare Lille Flandres (Subway 1 &2, Trams R & T)
- La Part des Anges, Philip Restaurant
- Clair de Lune
- Le Lion Bossu
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lille and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.22% of people who visit Lille include Notre Dame De La Treille in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.84% of people start their Notre Dame De La Treille visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Notre Dame De La Treille
50.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Notre Dame De La Treille