Saint Maurices Church450 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rue de Paris, 59800 Lille, France Map
- Timings: 03:00 pm - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 33-320060721
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
While it may not have as rich a history as other European churches, this gothic style hall church in Lille’s historic centre is nevertheless regal and imposing. Construction started at the end of the fourteenth century and went on for more than four hundred years after, with completion only in the 19th century. It’s noted for it’s pipe organs, stained glass windows, Gothic Furniture, and for the tomb of Charles Ferdinand d’Artois. The two marble statues from the left to the right on the tomb represent the city of Lille and religion respectively. In 1914, the church was declared a national historical monument. The building is grand, and solemn - an atmosphere of stillness and peace pervades it. If you can, catch the service.
Entrance Ticket Details For Saint Maurices Church
- Entry is free.
Saint Maurices Church Hours
- Closed on some Bank holidays.
How to Reach Saint Maurices Church
- St. Maurice Pellevoisin Subway (Line Two)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lille and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Saint Maurices Church Address: Rue de Paris, 59800 Lille, France
- Saint Maurices Church Contact Number: 33-320060721
- Saint Maurices Church Timing: 03:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Saint Maurices Church(preferred time): 05:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Saint Maurices Church: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
54.55% of people who visit Lille include Saint Maurices Church in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
37.06% of people start their Saint Maurices Church visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Saint Maurices Church
62.41% of people prefer walking in order to reach Saint Maurices Church
People normally club together La Vielle Bourse And La Furet Du Nord and Grande Place while planning their visit to Saint Maurices Church.