Are you looking for what to do in Lille?
PLACES TO SEE
The city centre of Lille is gorgeous and is perfect for a sightseeing trip. Go on a walking tour and see everything first hand.
- MarchE de Wazemmes: Lille’s open market is open every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Vendors sell everything from books and stationery to perfume and underwear as well as flowers. Make sure you grab a bag of fresh Clementines, flowers and chicken and roast potatoes for lunch.
- Vieux Lille: By taking a stroll through the old quarter of the city you will get to enjoy the peaceful, cobble-stone streets, gourmet restaurants, designer shops as well as the modern Cathédrale Notre Dame de la Treille
- la Citadelle: This interesting example of defensive military architecture is a bit further from the city centre. The building was designed by a famous French military architect, Vauban, during the reign of Louis the Fourteenth.
- Place du Général-de-Gaulle: The main square in Lille is better known as the “Grand place” and has lots of gorgeous historic houses, make sure you don’t miss out on the neo-Flemish headquarters of the local newspaper La Voix du Nord as well as a statue of a goddess, “la Grande Deesse” making it well worth the visit.
- La Vieille Bourse: This former commercial exchange was erected in 1653 and is located between two picture perfect squares. The exchange still plays a crucial role in the city’s livelihood and you will find plenty of flower markets and booksellers inside the inner court.
WHERE TO BE
- Mucuripe ClubPâtisserie du Lion d'Or, Place du Lion d'Or: This patisserie has a wonderful variety of goodies including some of the best croissants that you will find in the city. Don’t miss out, especially if you are hungry and on a budget.
Below we have a list of things to do in Lille and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Lille getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Lille with confidence.