How to Reach Lillehammer
The Easiest Way to Reach Lillehammer
- By Air: Since Lillehammer does not have its own airport, you can reach it by taking a flight to the Gardermoen Air Station in Oslo which lies around 2 hours away. From there, it is easy to take a train to Lillehammer. One departs every hour.
- By Train: Lillehammer Station lies on the main line when you take a train from Oslo and Skien to Trondheim. Trains are frequent.
- By Car: You can reach Lillehammer by renting a car from Oslo’s airport where renting facilities are available. It will take you 2-3 hours to reach the town.
- By Bus: There are buses that operate from Oslo town and the Gardermoen Air Station run by Lavprisekspressen and NOR-WAY Bussekspress.
- On Foot: The best way to see and truly appreciate the town of Lillehammer is on foot.
- By Bus: If you are planning to visit some destinations a little outside of Lillehammer, you can catch a bus from the train station.