This is a very famous art gallery in the city. During the 1994 Olympics it was the main cultural venue.
The museum houses 3 main collections such as:
- 100 paintings from the adherents of Matisse School donated by Einar Lude in 1920.
- Oscar Johhansen’s collection of paintings from the 19th century.
- Collection of paintings dating back to 1980s and 1990s donated by John Dobloug in 2008.
Lillehammer Art Museum Travel Tips
- A museum shop, museum café and an art garden are also a part of the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lillehammer Art Museum
- Adults: NOK 100
- Seniors/students/youth/groups: NOK 60
- Free for children under 18 years.
- Season Tickets for Family: NOK 490
- Season Tickets for Individuals: NOK 390
How to Reach Lillehammer Art Museum
- Take a bus from Fylkeshuset Banken Lillehammer Norway or Bergsenghjørnet Lillehammer Norway.
- You can book a taxi to the location.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lillehammer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lillehammer and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.99% of people who visit Lillehammer include Lillehammer Art Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
73.08% of people start their Lillehammer Art Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lillehammer Art Museum
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lillehammer Art Museum
Lillehammer Art Museum Reviews & Ratings
Was not expecting to see such a large collection of art. It is a very clean and beautiful museum, well organized. Many art periods are represented. The Sigrid Undset exhibit was a unique experience too.
Cool museum with 2 nice sized galleries, a cafe, and a cool gift shop with local art and books.
We just stopped at the cafe in the front of the building. Good selection of snacks, cold drinks and coffee. Unusual water feature to the left and there was a fresh fruit and vegetable stand to the right. A rather nice looking building also on the right.
Great museum for contemporary art and Norwegian romantic nationalism.
We arrived 15 minutes before closing time, not knowing that. Ordered many items and was kicked out. Should have given a little heads up at least...