This is one of the most visited attractions in the country and consists of more than 200 buildings. It is also one of the largest open- air museums of Northern Europe. The museum was founded by Anders Servig and later many additions were made to the building.
The main attractions of the museum are:
- Rural Collection: This is dedicated to the objects and lifestyles from the villages during the period of 1700- 1850. There are also houses from the 15th century.
- Historic Town: These are a collection of buildings from the period 1900 to 1920.
- Residential Area: This section comprises single family homes from all decades of the 20th century.
- The Garmo Stave Church that was dissembled and bought by Servig who later erected in the Maihaugen campus.
- There is a large photography indoor museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Maihaugen Open- Air Museum
- Adults: NOK 110
- Children: (6-15 years) NOK 55
- Family: (children under 16) NOK 275
- Senior / Student: NOK 90
How to Reach Maihaugen Open- Air Museum
- You can book a taxi to the location.
- Take a bus from Sondre gate Lillehammer Norway.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lillehammer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lillehammer and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.91% of people who visit Lillehammer include Maihaugen Open- Air Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
86.67% of people start their Maihaugen Open- Air Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Maihaugen Open- Air Museum
94.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Maihaugen Open- Air Museum