- Address: Barranco District, Lima, Peru
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
This is a pleasure district in Lima. The place is known to be very Bohemian and Romantic because it is home to a number of artists. The houses here are of the colonial style. The beaches are known for their surfing activities. This place is enjoyable, whatever your mood be. You can lie on the beach and enjoy a laid-back day. And in the evening you can go to a lively nightclub or a happening restaurant. Barranco is a very culturally active. If you go for a stroll in the day, you are sure to come across folk art performances. Because this is a cliff area, the weather is not as humid as the rest of Lima. Highlights include:
- Bajada de los Banos- a walkway to the sea.
- Puente de los Suspiros- a bridge that crosses the ravine.
- The statue of Chabuca Granda.
- MAC- the contemporary museum of Lima.
- Biblioteca- the library
- The district is very crowded on weekends.
- Hotel bookings should be made in advance.
- Hire a taxi from Lima City Centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lima before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lima and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.76% of people who visit Lima include Barranco in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
38.81% of people start their Barranco visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Barranco
90.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barranco