How to Reach Lima - The Easiest Way to Reach Lima
HOW TO GET TO LIMA
- By Air: Jorge Chavez International Airport is located in Callao and is well-connected with most cities in South America. There are regular flights to and from many major cities—New York, Paris, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, you name it!
- By Bus: You can reach Lima via the many buses that ply the Panamerican Highway and travel through Ica, Nazca, Tumbes, Huaraz, Puno and many other cities.
HOW TO GET AROUND LIMA
- By Car: If you do not have experience in driving in difficult and challenging situations, avoid renting a car. But if you do, good on you. You’ll have an experience of a lifetime navigating around the city!
- By Metro: At a flat rate of 1.50 soles (around 30 INR), you can travel around Lima to your heart’s content! The trains stop at many stations along the way such as Villa el Salvado, Javier Prado, Arriola, and Presbitero Maestro. There are 26 stations in 11 districts in all.
- By Bus: Lima has a rapid transport bus system in place. It’s a cheap and easy way to travel across the city.
- By Mini-bus: Possibly the most authentic way to travel in Lima. Micro-buses or combi vans are usually packed full of people and travel across myriad locations in the city. Larger buses which also ply the same way as combi vans can also be hailed. Beware of pickpockets on both, though!
Are you looking for a Lima travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Lima
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Lima. The most preferred mode of transport in Lima is Car.
Average distance: 13.37 km Average time: 46 min
Car 36.67%Driving 39.73 min Walking 1.36 min Overall average time for 17.05 kms 41.09 min
Walking 16.67%Walking 29 min Bus 2 min Driving 2 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 3.6 kms 34 min
Bike 3.33%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 4.4 kms 20 min
Bus/Trolleybus 30%Bus 47.78 min Walking 9.44 min Waiting 5.56 min Other 1.11 min Overall average time for 15.67 kms 63.89 min
Motorbike 3.33%Motorbike 25 min Overall average time for 10 kms 25 min
- How to reach Lima Province
- How to reach Courthouse Lima Peru
- How to reach San Isidro
- How to reach La Perla District
- How to reach Yangas
- How to reach Hospedaje Villa Caral
- How to reach Quichuay
- How to reach La Merced
- How to reach Huanuco
- How to reach Cusco
- How to reach Pichanaki
- How to reach Ollantaytambo
- How to reach Mollepata
- How to reach Virú
- How to reach Tanca