How to Reach Lima, Peru
The Easiest Way to Reach Lima
HOW TO GET TO LIMA
- By Air: Jorge Chavez International Airport is located in Callao and is well-connected with most cities in South America. There are regular flights to and from many major cities—New York, Paris, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, you name it!
- By Bus: You can reach Lima via the many buses that ply the Panamerican Highway and travel through Ica, Nazca, Tumbes, Huaraz, Puno and many other cities.
HOW TO GET AROUND LIMA
- By Car: If you do not have experience in driving in difficult and challenging situations, avoid renting a car. But if you do, good on you. You’ll have an experience of a lifetime navigating around the city!
- By Metro: At a flat rate of 1.50 soles (around 30 INR), you can travel around Lima to your heart’s content! The trains stop at many stations along the way such as Villa el Salvado, Javier Prado, Arriola, and Presbitero Maestro. There are 26 stations in 11 districts in all.
- By Bus: Lima has a rapid transport bus system in place. It’s a cheap and easy way to travel across the city.
- By Mini-bus: Possibly the most authentic way to travel in Lima. Micro-buses or combi vans are usually packed full of people and travel across myriad locations in the city. Larger buses which also ply the same way as combi vans can also be hailed. Beware of pickpockets on both, though!
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Lima and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Lima
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Lima. The most preferred mode of transport in Lima is Car.
Average distance: 13.24 km Average time: 43 min
Car 40.91%Driving 37.44 min Walking 0.56 min Overall average time for 15.4 kms 38 min
Walking 13.64%Walking 35 min Bus 3.33 min Driving 3.33 min Waiting 1.67 min Overall average time for 5.17 kms 43.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 27.27%Bus 35.83 min Walking 11.67 min Waiting 5 min Other 1.67 min Overall average time for 15.51 kms 54.17 min
Bike 4.55%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 4.4 kms 20 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Lima
- How to reach Yangas
- How to reach San Pedro De Casta
- How to reach Chorrillos
- How to reach Huarochiri
- How to reach Asia District
- How to reach Lunahuaná
- How to reach San Vicente De Cañete District
- How to reach Huanuco
- How to reach Pichanaki
- How to Reach Top Cities in Peru
- How to reach Cusco
- How to reach Ollantaytambo
- How to reach Virú
- How to reach Ica
- How to reach La Merced
- How to reach Cuñumbuque
- How to reach Xstrata Tintaya
- How to reach Francisco De Orellana
- How to reach Courthouse Lima Peru
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Mainz
- How to reach Liverpool