Huaca Pucllana1615 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 8 General Borgono Cuadra, Lima 27, Peru
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Exhibition
Huaca Pucllana is a world-famous clay pyramid in Lima. It was the ceremonial and administrative centre of the city, a long time ago. This structure was built to house the clergyman who would practise his religious power on the city and also regulate the usage of natural water resources. It is surrounded by a beautiful and well-maintained plaza that borders its limits. The Huaca Pucllana is divided into two sections. One where there is evidence of benches and deep holes in the ground where marine life would be sacrificed in order to please the gods. The other section is full of clay structures that are now just the remnants of courtyards and patios that were a part of the enclosure. Highlights include:
- Senor de los Unkus- Remains of the Lord Unkus.
- ‘Huaca Pucllana’- a restaurant on the site.
- The museum and its gallery.
- The lighting in the night.
Huaca Pucllana Travel Tips
- The walk is long and tiring. Carry water bottles with you.
- The weather is humid. Wear suitable clothes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Huaca Pucllana
- Guided Tour- PEN 12 (for adults) and PEN 1 (for children)
Huaca Pucllana Hours
- The Restaurant- 12:00 pm to 12:00 am
- The Museum- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Recommended time to visit: 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
How to Reach Huaca Pucllana
- Board a bus that runs along Avenue Arequipa. Get down at Calle Garcia Calderon.
- Ask the locals for directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lima before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lima and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.19% of people who visit Lima include Huaca Pucllana in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
68.34% of people start their Huaca Pucllana visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Huaca Pucllana
89.04% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Huaca Pucllana