Museum Of The InquisitionCurrently Open
- Address: Jr. Junin 548, Lima, Peru Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +51-13117801
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition
This is an interesting museum that tells two stories of Peru. One story is of its struggle to attain democracy. And the other is of the grisly inquisition history. This is the same building where the inquisition took place. You will be taken through the dungeons and you will witness the cells that were used when the prisoners were brutally tortured. The guides here are very friendly and enthusiastic. They will take you through the story and you will be taken back in time. History enthusiasts will find this experience to be very educational. Highlights include:
- The hearing room
- Chamber of secrets- an archive for the court of the Inquisition.
- Room of Processes
- Room of Inquisition
- Room of Auto-de-fe
- Room of Archaeological remains
- Room of the Secret Cells
- Room of Restrainments
- Room of sentences
- Chamber of Tortures
- The Patio
- Room of National Symbols
- Room of Congress History
Museum Of The Inquisition Travel Tips
- If need be, ask the information kiosk for an English speaking guide.
How to Reach Museum Of The Inquisition
- Ask the locals for directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lima before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lima and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Museum Of The Inquisition Address: Jr. Junin 548, Lima, Peru
- Museum Of The Inquisition Contact Number: +51-13117801
- Museum Of The Inquisition Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Museum Of The Inquisition(preferred time): 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Museum Of The Inquisition: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
4.08% of people who visit Lima include Museum Of The Inquisition in their plan
33.33% of people start their Museum Of The Inquisition visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum Of The Inquisition
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of The Inquisition
People normally club together Huaca Pucllana and Barranco while planning their visit to Museum Of The Inquisition.