Presbitero Maestro240 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jr. Ancash - Barrios Altos, 1611, Lima 15003, Peru Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +51-13280241
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
The Presbitero Maestro Cemetery is the oldest cemetery in South America. It was built during 1805-08 and served as the first municipal cemetery in Latin America. Spread over an area of 25,000 square meters, the cemetery has 6 spectacular main gates and over 2,20,000 graves. Boasting of a wide range of architectural styles, the cemetery houses the graves of some very prominent political, military and literary figures of the history. Most famous of all the mausoleums here is the ‘Panteón de los Próceres’, where the martyrs’ of the ‘War of the Pacific’ are buried. The site was declared as a National Historic Monument in the year 1972 and since then it continues to attract visitors from all over the region and abroad. Highlights include:
- The Hall of Heroes.
- Graves of over 20 Peruvian Presidents.
- Temporary presentation
Presbitero Maestro Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available at the site.
Entrance Ticket Details For Presbitero Maestro
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Presbitero Maestro
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lima before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lima and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Presbitero Maestro Address: Jr. Ancash - Barrios Altos, 1611, Lima 15003, Peru
- Presbitero Maestro Contact Number: +51-13280241
- Presbitero Maestro Timing: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Presbitero Maestro(preferred time): 09:30 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Presbitero Maestro: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
10.2% of people who visit Lima include Presbitero Maestro in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
32.79% of people start their Presbitero Maestro visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Presbitero Maestro
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Presbitero Maestro
People normally club together Santa Isabel and Divercity while planning their visit to Presbitero Maestro.