If you are looking for a vacation destination which has history as old as 2000 BC, a place with rich cultural significance of Armenian, Venetians, Ottoman and British Empire, a place having the one of the highest standards of living in the whole world, you should visit this city located in the country Cyprus. This budding tourist destination is loaded with archeological monuments, museums and is principle sea port of the country. It is the principle hub for business in the country and is a cosmopolitan city along with its rich heritage and culture.
The city is going through a structural renaissance making it worth visiting. The Mediterranean coast along which the city spreads attracts the tourists who love sea and the Limassol is a pocket-full-of-sunshine for a short vacation.
The European city will never fail to surprise you!
Limassol Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Limassol tips for your visit
- Though Cyprus is safe for travelers, make sure you lock your hotel rooms well and stay safe from the fellow travelers in high concentration area as theft and drunkenness are quite common among the tourists.
- Do take extra care when travelling in the area of the Attila Line (known as the Green Line in the capital) that divides the North from the South to avoid strangling in the barbed wire, sentry boxes and UN watchtowers
- Stay away from the football Hooliganism in case you are going to any of the games.
- Confirm the bus timings from the closest CTO Tourist Information Center.
- If you rent a car or a bike, stay alert as the locals have a relaxed approach to Highway Code.