- Address: Kourion, Limassol, Cyprus
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +357-25934250
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site
Ancient cities are one of Cyprus’s most popular and enduring tourist attractions. Kourion is definitely one of the most fascinating. The city passed through three great periods of civilisation: Hellenistic, Roman and Early Christian, and bears the hallmarks of all three.
Visitors to the site are treated to:
- lovely walks around the agora (marketplace)
- an early Christian Basilica, public baths, spas, a large amphitheatre.
- Exquisite floor mosaics are everywhere in this city.
- The Graeco-Roman Theatre here has been restored and is still used for performance.
- The Nymphaem, an enormous edifice dedicated to the protectors of water.
It’s not all just archaeology though – the nearby beach makes for wonderful views out to the ocean. Departing from usual archaeological tourism norms, Kourion is also a paragliding hotspot.
- The whole site is wheelchair accessible.
- Restrooms and parking available.
- 20% discount for groups of more than 10.
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Limassol before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Limassol and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.47% of people who visit Limassol include Kourion in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
89.67% of people start their Kourion visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Kourion
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kourion