- Address: Kourion, Limassol, Cyprus
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +357-25934250
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site
Kourion - Review
Ancient cities are one of Cyprus’s most popular and enduring tourist attractions. Kourion is definitely one of the most fascinating. The city passed through three great periods of civilisation: Hellenistic, Roman and Early Christian, and bears the hallmarks of all three.
Visitors to the site are treated to:
- lovely walks around the agora (marketplace)
- an early Christian Basilica, public baths, spas, a large amphitheatre.
- Exquisite floor mosaics are everywhere in this city.
- The Graeco-Roman Theatre here has been restored and is still used for performance.
- The Nymphaem, an enormous edifice dedicated to the protectors of water.
It’s not all just archaeology though – the nearby beach makes for wonderful views out to the ocean. Departing from usual archaeological tourism norms, Kourion is also a paragliding hotspot.
- The whole site is wheelchair accessible.
- Restrooms and parking available.
Kourion Ticket Prices
- 20% discount for groups of more than 10.
How To reach Kourion by Public Transport
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Limassol before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Limassol and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kourion
91.98% of people who visit Limassol include Kourion in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
89.67% of people start their Kourion visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Kourion
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kourion
1 View18 Days 17 Nights18 Day Trip to Ayia Napa, Limassol, Nicosia, Larnaca, Paphos from RamallahBy: Guest UserCity: Paphos, Larnaca, Nicosia, Limassol, Ayia Napa