Limassol District Archaeological Museum, Limassol
About Limassol District Archaeological Museum, Limassol
Limassol District Archaeological Museum, Limassol - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Limassol Archaeological Museum, Lord Byron, Limassol Cyprus
Ticket Price: 2 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
Added 270 times in trip plans
Museum, Archaeological Site , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The museum isn’t very large, but anyone who wants an intimate look into Cypriote history will find it quite interesting. The exhibits range from 9000 BC to the end of Roman times. They are divided into three rooms, each respectively containing:
- Important works of pottery from various periods
- Coins, jewels, tools and metal-ware
- Tombstones, sculptures and terracotta figurines.
Many of the artefacts symbolise Aphrodite; indeed, the museum is part of the Aphrodite cultural route.
Other highlights include:
- Neolithic pygmy elephant and pygmy hippopotamus
- a Hathor freestanding pillar
- limestone statue of the Egyptian god Bes
Limassol District Archaeological Museum Information
- Wheelchair not accessible
Limassol District Archaeological Museum Ticket Prices
- 20% discount for groups of more than 10.
How To reach Limassol District Archaeological Museum by Public Transport
- Walk/drive here.
- Kalogries Bus Stop
- Municipal Gallery Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Limassol before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Limassol and book an accommodation of your choice.
Limassol District Archaeological Museum, Limassol Reviews - Write a Review
Fascinating artifacts going back up to 11,000 years ago, excavated from ancient Amathous, not far from Limassol. The objects on display are mostly in remarkably good condition. They span different periods of Cyprus's history: prehistoric, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, ... . It takes about an hour to see the museum. Explanatory signs are in English and Greek. Admission costs 2.50€.
Being trere recently with a child and it was really nice to pass the knowledge
Un museo modesto , bonito y accesible , se visita en una hora , entrada 2,50€ . Si dispones de un rato visitarlo es apoyar a la conservación y mantener la cultura local .
Interessante, moderno e molto ben curato. La visita richiede un'ora circa.
Интересно и познавательно
- Nearby Attractions
- Tsirion Stadium
- Cyprus University Of Technology
- Guaba Beach Bar
- Omodos Village Houses
- Limassol Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Limassol
- What to See in 48 Hours in Limassol
- What to See in 72 Hours in Limassol
- How to Spend 5 Days in Limassol
- How to Spend 6 Days in Limassol
- How to Spend 7 Days in Limassol