Limassol District Archaeological Museum64 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Limassol Archaeological Museum, Lord Byron, Limassol Cyprus
- Timings: 08:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +357-25305157
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Archaeological Site , Specialty Museums
The museum isn’t very large, but anyone who wants an intimate look into Cypriote history will find it quite interesting. The exhibits range from 9000 BC to the end of Roman times. They are divided into three rooms, each respectively containing:
- Important works of pottery from various periods
- Coins, jewels, tools and metal-ware
- Tombstones, sculptures and terracotta figurines.
Many of the artefacts symbolise Aphrodite; indeed, the museum is part of the Aphrodite cultural route.
Other highlights include:
- Neolithic pygmy elephant and pygmy hippopotamus
- a Hathor freestanding pillar
- limestone statue of the Egyptian god Bes
Limassol District Archaeological Museum Travel Tips
- Wheelchair not accessible
Entrance Ticket Details For Limassol District Archaeological Museum
- 20% discount for groups of more than 10.
How to Reach Limassol District Archaeological Museum
- Walk/drive here.
- Kalogries Bus Stop
- Municipal Gallery Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Limassol before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Limassol and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.32% of people who visit Limassol include Limassol District Archaeological Museum in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
71.43% of people start their Limassol District Archaeological Museum visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Limassol District Archaeological Museum
81.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Limassol District Archaeological Museum