Limassol Zoo, Limassol
About Limassol Zoo, Limassol
Limassol Zoo, Limassol - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Limassol, Cyprus
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 914 times in trip plans
Outdoors, Wildlife Sanctuary , Wildlife Park, Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Not the biggest zoo in the world, not the most interesting, but it’s the only one on Cyprus. Lions, tigers, bears, panthers, zebras, monkeys, ostriches, peacocks, vultures, emu, falcons, Asian otters, Cyprus oxen, Egyptian geese, Cuban boa constrictors and macaws are only some of the zoo’s 300 animals. The zoo recently underwent a lot of renovation and redesign to keep up with modern standards. Around 90 species of animals are housed here. Over the years, the zoo has been quite proactive in its conservation efforts, and is even now collaborating with a local university over a snake study programme. It’s rarely ever crowded. The animals are housed very comfortably now. The café is cute and the ice cream is fantastic. The zoo is targeted at children, and in that capacity, it delivers handsomely. Take them to see the alligators!
Limassol Zoo Information
- Feeding animals not allowed.
- Stay within permitted area.
- No outside animals allowed.
- Bicycles, balls, skates, rollerblades, skateboards not allowed.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- There is a picnic area and a playground.
- There is an African style café.
- There is free parking nearby (Pafilia).
Limassol Zoo Ticket Prices
- Standard adult ticket: €5
- Children 5-15 years old: €2
- Children under 5 years old: Free
- Students, pensioners, soldiers: €3
- Disabled people: Free
- People with special needs: Free
How To reach Limassol Zoo by Public Transport
- Buses 3, 11, 12, 25, 31 stop Public Garden.
- Drive/walk here.
- Ask locals for public transport information.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Limassol before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Limassol and book an accommodation of your choice.
Limassol Zoo, Limassol Reviews - Write a Review
The zoo was very entertaining and there was a lot of great animals but I didn't like the fact that beside expensive entrance fee there was additional costs for example feeding birds for 2 euro or feeding giraffe for 10 euro per person. The bird show was awesome and I recommend it to everyone :)
The zoo, which I didn't enter, is within the Limassol Municipal Garden. The garden is a lovely place to walk and sit. For the zoo - they don't accept credit cards, and they didn't want to accept a 50 euro bill for the 5 euro entrance fee.
This "zoo" is very small. It is located in a park in central city of Limassol. There are just a handful of animals, some of them didn't seem in such a good shape. We prefer by far the Paphos Zoo where you can see the animals from up close and they seem healthier.
Pretty small and not a great selection of animals although the others are great fun to watch! Took about an hour to take a steady walk round in the heat. It is cheap but i would save your money and visit Paphos zoo as there's are many more animals, shows etc.
Nice small zoo, perfect if you have kids. You can entertain yourself for about an hour or two.
- Nearby Attractions
- O Vrakas Taverna
- Mount Olympos
- Eustolios Of Kourion
- Ayia Napa Cathedral
- Limassol Marina Street
- Limassol Archaeological Museum
- Akrotiri Shipwreck
- Limassol Marina
- Limassol Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Limassol
- What to See in 48 Hours in Limassol
- What to See in 72 Hours in Limassol
- How to Spend 5 Days in Limassol
- How to Spend 6 Days in Limassol
- How to Spend 7 Days in Limassol