How to Reach Limerick
HOW TO GET TO LIMERICK
- By Air: There are no direct flights to Limerick. Shannon Airport (the nearest airport) is located 25 kilometres from Limerick. Daily flights are available from Shannon Airport to New York, Newark and Chicago operated by Delta, Aer Lingus and United Airlines. Ryanair Airlines connect to UK and Europe.
- By Train: Limerick is well connected to major cities in Ireland. Trains to limerick from Galway, Belfast, Dublin, Waterford, Cork and Tralee are provided by the Irish Rail. The city is connected by the Colbert Station on the Parnell Street.
- By Bus: Limerick City is served very well connected by Bus Eireann – the official bus service in Ireland. The bus service connects Limerick city to Athlone, Balbriggan, Cork, Drogheda, Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Navan, Killarney, Sligo and Waterford.
- By Car Rentals: You can rent a car from the airport to reach the city. Rental Cars are easily available and it will give you a chance to explore the scenery during the drive.
HOW TO GET AROUND LIMERICK
- By Bus: Public Bus services are easily available and it is the preferred way to get around the city. However, the city is quite contained and everything is within walking distance.
- Coco Cola Zero Bikes: Limerick has a number of bike stations throughout the city where tourists can hire Zero Bikes from one place to another according to their convenience. The bikes are the most preferred mode of conveyance for tourists to get closer to Limerick’s historic nooks and corners.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Limerick. The most preferred mode of transport in Limerick is Car.
Average distance: 5.05 km Average time: 33.25 min
Car 50%Driving 9.5 min Overall average time for 4.25 kms 9.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 25%Bus 30 min Waiting 30 min Walking 4 min Overall average time for 6 kms 64 min
Walking 25%Walking 50 min Overall average time for 5.7 kms 50 min