Nestled close to Lough Gur, the heritage centre is an all-activity ground for tourists. The serene lake with its beautiful view is a home away from home for any nature and history lover.
- Historic Museum: Includes stone-age, bronze age, iron age, early Christian period and medieval and post medieval artefacts.
- Tours: Including guided tour of the whole premises, walking tour, personal guiding tour, group tour and school tours.
- Rambling House: These free sessions offer the best music, song and storytelling experience. A favourite among children, enjoy the session while tasting some of the best sample home-made brown bread, tea and scones.
A must visit if you are travelling with family.
- Do try their guided tours to get a wholesome experience of the Lough.
- Adult - Euro 5.00
- Senior Citizen/Student - Euro 4.00
- Child - Euro 3.00
- Family Ticket is Euro15.00.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Limerick before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Limerick and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.44% of people who visit Limerick include Lough Gur Heritage Centre in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
61.34% of people start their Lough Gur Heritage Centre visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lough Gur Heritage Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lough Gur Heritage Centre
I'd give it five stars, but the people are real a-holes about taking pictures
Great location and history. Would be great if walks were developed.
Great place for picnics and walks. Watch the beautiful swans and ducks glide across the shimmering lake. A place steeped in history and archaeology; the largest and oldest stone circle in Ireland, megalithic tombs, an interactive exhibition area that includes guided tours, something for kids, a selection of books, including children's and tea or coffee to unwind after your visit. Well worth it!
Lovely morning hike along the trails with the locals. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the view from atop the hill.
It's really picturesque here. We went to the fairy garden and for a short walk to tree and ancient wall. There is TOILETS, a small shop ( not what I would call a cafe) and museum