Church Of PanagiaCurrently Open
- Address: Lindos, Greece
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This beautiful little cruciform Byzantine church is an enchanting and obligatory stop for everyone who visits Lindos. Originally built in 1300, the church has gone through various phases of reconstruction. The most noticeable sight today is the tall stone campanile. The highlights of the church are:
- Rhodian type pebble mosaic
- An ornate carved wooden iconostasis
- The candle chandelier
- 19th century frescoes of Biblical scenes
- A great fresco of The Last Judgement – sinners on fire.
- Clothing must be modest – shorts not allowed and girls must wear long skirts.
- Pictures not allowed to be taken inside.
- Ask the timings for mass and see if you can attend.
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit: 2 PM - 4 PM
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lindos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lindos and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Lindos include Church Of Panagia in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
59.26% of people start their Church Of Panagia visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Church Of Panagia
75.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Church Of Panagia