Church Of Panagia, Lindos
About Church Of Panagia, Lindos
Church Of Panagia, Lindos - Address
Address: Lindos, Greece
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 4.1K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This beautiful little cruciform Byzantine church is an enchanting and obligatory stop for everyone who visits Lindos. Originally built in 1300, the church has gone through various phases of reconstruction. The most noticeable sight today is the tall stone campanile. The highlights of the church are:
- Rhodian type pebble mosaic
- An ornate carved wooden iconostasis
- The candle chandelier
- 19th century frescoes of Biblical scenes
- A great fresco of The Last Judgement – sinners on fire.
Church Of Panagia Information
- Clothing must be modest – shorts not allowed and girls must wear long skirts.
- Pictures not allowed to be taken inside.
- Ask the timings for mass and see if you can attend.
- Please enquire before you visit.
Church Of Panagia Opening and Closing Hours
- Recommended time to visit: 2 PM - 4 PM
How To reach Church Of Panagia by Public Transport
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lindos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lindos and book an accommodation of your choice.