Village Of LindosCurrently Open
- Address: Lindos, Greece
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 12:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Village, Family And Kids
Village Of Lindos - Review
With only 700 people, Lindos obviously isn’t overflowing with tourist attractions apart from the nearby archaeological site. What it does have however, is a wonderful medieval charm.
Set on a low, sloping hill on an island in the Greek Mediterranean, Lindos is the epitome of a Medieval Greek village. The houses, which were built between the 16th and 17th centuries, are nearly all white-washed, and influenced by Byzantine, medieval, Arab and Rhodian architecture.
Cobbled streets wind around and through these – make sure you explore these cute little alleyways. You will certainly get lost in this labyrinth – finding your way back is half the fun.
There are many romantic bars and restaurants you can pop into, some on rooftop gardens from where you can catch sunsets. There are two nightclubs in the village and open air clubs that stay open until early morning.
Don’t miss visiting the beaches!
Village Of Lindos Information
- Pick up maps of the village from the tourist information centre.
- No vehicles allowed in the village. Cars must park outside.
- Children are allowed into the bars.
- There are three supermarkets on the main street.
- Entry is free.
How To reach Village Of Lindos by Public Transport
- Bus stops outside the village. From there, you can catch another bus that brings you down to a square closer to the sea.
- From the village, you can ride a donkey up to the acropolis.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lindos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lindos and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Village Of Lindos
95% of people who visit Lindos include Village Of Lindos in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
76.79% of people start their Village Of Lindos visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 12 Hrs to see Village Of Lindos
90.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Village Of Lindos