Ars Electronica Center, Linz
About Ars Electronica Center, Linz
Ars Electronica Center, Linz - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Ars-Electronica-Strasse 1, 4040 Linz, Austria
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.6K times in trip plans
Museum, Science Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is the newer centre, opened in 2009. Its futuristic look is very in keeping with the museum’s focus on humankind and where it is going. It’s probably Linz’s most popular attraction.
The museum explores contemporary topics on the cutting edge of art, technology and society. By the way of interactive exhibits – such as robots, DNA manipulation, space travel and digital animation – the museum explores humanity’s effect on its environment and what the future may look like.
The permanent exhibit has four labs and two other exhibits:
- Brain-Lab: Human brain, perception and medicine.
- Bio-Lab: Biotechnology and its applications.
- Fab-Lab: 3D printers and rapid prototyping.
- Robo-Lab: Robotics and prosthetics.
- Geo City: Current global developments in population and natural resources.
- Deep Space: An excellent 3D exhibit.
The special exhibitions tend to be wild too.
Ars Electronica Center Information
- No flash photography.
- Wheelchair accessible.
Ars Electronica Center Ticket Prices
- EUR 6 for students, military and civil servants, and the disabled.
- EUR 16 for families
- EUR 6 for groups of 12+
- Free for under 6 and holders of the Linz Card.
How To reach Ars Electronica Center by Public Transport
- Bus 200, 230, 251, 260, 270, 271, 305, 310, S209, S219, S237, S239, S249, S289 stopLinz/DonauHinsenkampplatz (Donautor)
- Tram stop Hinsenkampplatz (Rudolfstrasse)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Linz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Linz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ars Electronica Center, Linz Reviews - Write a Review
The problem with a museum of modern innovation is that if you made it cutting edge in 2008 and never updated most of the exhibits and now it's 2017, your Museum is terrible. By definition. You're displaying technology that was old 5 years ago as if it's cutting edge. I'm sure it would've been mildly interesting in 2009, but really there is very little of interest here... Apart from the cloud artwork on the first floor and maybe the wax bodies exhibit when it's installed. The bathrooms are in the basement to the left as you face the stairs you can go back up - despite the WC symbols on every floor.
Best Museum I have been to in a long while. The deep space show is defiantly worth watching as well
Great displays of electronic interactions with our daily life, nice and well-trained educators. Worth the money. Book a tour - it is much better that way!
There were several interesting exhibitions, such as "Brain Lab". Some of the exhibitions did not work properly or at all.
The museum is very interacting, a great place for kids but as well for adults. Exhibitions about robotics and modern technology are mind blowing. Deep Space room is a must.
- Nearby Attractions
- Restaurant Cook
- Pfarramt St Theresia
- Heilige Dreifaltigkeit
- Ultimate Frisbee Training
- Mac Olli's Hunger-burg
- Xocolat Linz
- Ok Fernsehdienst
- Eissporthalle Linz
- Arcotel Nike Linz
- Adalbert-stifter-haus Des Landes Oberösterreich
- Linz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Linz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Linz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Linz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Linz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Linz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Linz