How to Reach Linz
How to reach Linz
HOW TO GET TO LINZ
- By Air: The Blue Danube Airport is about 20 minutes from the city by bus. You may also fly in via the Vienna Airport.
- By Train: Intercity and Eurocity rails lead to Vieanna and Salzburg, and it’s from there that you can board trains to other important European destinations. There are also ICE trains to Frankfurt, Wurzburg, Nuremberg, Regensburg or Passau.
- By Road: Motorway A1 for Munich - Salzburg, Vienna – Budapest; Motorway (A8) for Passau – Regensburg; Motorway (A7) for Prague.
HOW TO GET AROUND LINZ
- By Tram/Bus: Linz’s well developed public transport system lets you use the same ticket system to pay for both trams and buses. Tickets can be purchased at vending machines, tobacco shops and newspaper stands.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily available. They can be found outside most important locations, but it’s best to book one earlier by phone.
- By Foot: Once you’re in old town, you’ll want to ditch all.
Modes of Transportation in Linz
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Linz. The most preferred mode of transport in Linz is Walking.
Average distance: 5 km Average time: 32 min
Walking 100%Walking 21 min Tram 3.5 min Bus 2.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Bike 2.5 min Overall average time for 5 kms 32 min
* Some of the data on this page is powered by Numbeo