With about 1500 works of paintings and sculpture; 10000 prints and drawings; and 1200 photographs, this museum’s collection of modern art is thought to be one of Australia’s most important. Most of the collection is from the 19th century onwards and also contains significant 20th century interwar period works. There is a good collection of Impressionist and Expressionist art.
The building is quite striking by itself – 130 metres long and very futuristic looking. The food at the restaurant here is brilliant. It’s on the terrace, from where you have excellent views of the Danube.
Lentos Kunstmuseum Travel Tips
- Paid parking available.
- Disabled accessible with specialised toilets and parking.
- Guide dogs for the sight impaired allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lentos Kunstmuseum
- EUR 6 for groups and seniors.
- EUR 4.50 for students under 27 and the disabled.
- Free for school groups, under 7s, carers for disabled.
- EUR 14.50 for families.
How to Reach Lentos Kunstmuseum
- Tram 1, 2, 3, stop Hauptplatz
- Bus 200, 230, 250, 251, 260, 270, 271, 305, 310 stop Linz/DonauDametzstrasse
- Bus line 26 stop Brucknerhaus.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Linz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Linz and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Linz include Lentos Kunstmuseum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
54.55% of people start their Lentos Kunstmuseum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lentos Kunstmuseum
56.21% of people prefer walking in order to reach Lentos Kunstmuseum