Linzer Landhaus441 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Theatergasse 1, 4020 Linz, Austria
- Phone: +43732-772011364
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Concert, Architecture , Heritage Building
This beautiful 16th century Renaissance building is today the seat of the Upper Austrian Provincial Government. It used to be many things in the past though, including a school at which Johannes Kepler taught for 14 years. Much of the buildings original artwork has unfortunately been destroyed in fires.
The main sights for you to see:
- In the summer, classical concerts are held in the Italian-style courtyard. It has a central fountain, on which the seven Ptolemaic planet’s personifications are carved.
- The tower can only be climbed. It has four sundials.
- The north portal is a magnificent work of red marble.
In 2007-08, excavation for renovations uncovered important archaeological finds: a Baroque-era stone bridge (which has now been restored) and a medieval cemetery.
Linzer Landhaus Travel Tips
- The Landhauz can only be visited as a part of a special guided group tour, which must be arranged for in advance by call the Landhauz.
How to Reach Linzer Landhaus
- Tram 1, 2, 3, stop Hauptplatz
- Bus 200, 230, 250, 251, 260, 270, 271, 305, 310 stop Linz/DonauDametzstrasse
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Linz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Linz and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.43% of people who visit Linz include Linzer Landhaus in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
34.01% of people start their Linzer Landhaus visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Linzer Landhaus
82.07% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Linzer Landhaus