Mariendom Linz, Linz
About Mariendom Linz, Linz
Mariendom Linz, Linz - Address, Phone Number
Address: Herrenstrasse 26, 4020 Linz, Austria
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 07:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 4.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Construction of this huge Roman Catholic Church began in the 1860s. At 130 metres, it’s the longest church in Austria; and its spire soars 135 metres into the sky.
Inside, the Neo-Gothic church’s most striking feature are the stunning stained glass windows; especially the ‘Linz Window’, which narrates the city’s history. You’ll see some modern art windows too – these were put in place after bombings in WWII destroyed the originals. The nativity scene in the crypt is quite elaborate.
On guided tours, you can climb up to the interior gallery, and up the spire from where the views of Linz are unbeatable.
Mariendom Linz Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday - Saturday 6:15 pm.
- Sunday 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 4:30 pm. (English), and 6:15 pm.
Contact the church about guided tour timings before your visit.
How To reach Mariendom Linz by Public Transport
- Mozartkreuzung Tram Stop
- Bus 601 stop Linz/DonauVolksgartenstrasse
- Bus 200, 230, 250, 251, 260, 270, 271, 305, 310 stop Linz/DonauDametzstrasse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Linz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Linz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mariendom Linz, Linz Reviews - Write a Review
NewGothic cathedral finished in 1924. It's set right among the buildings and it's fascinating big. The cathedral takes 20 thousand people and it's the biggest one in Austria
They were working inside so didn't enjoyed it.
Great place ! The stained glass is fabulous !
- Nearby Attractions
- Courtyard By Marriott Linz
- Katholische Mannerbewegung
- Pfarramt St Konrad
- Sankt Konrad
- Studentenheim Franz Jagerstatter Und Mensa Der Khg Linz
- Postcity - Ars Electronica Festival
- Urfahrwand, Linz
- Donau Park
- Linz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Linz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Linz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Linz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Linz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Linz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Linz