Minoritenkirche174 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Landstraße, 4020 Linz, Austria, 4020
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43732-772011364
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture , Community And Government, Religious, Churches
Also known as the ‘Country Church’, Linz’s only rococo church is quite the little gem. It was originally built in the 13th century in Gothic style architecture. In the 18th century, the interior of the church got a Baroque makeover, with three striking red marble altars on the sides. The beautiful high altar is from the 18th century, but the tabernacle and the angels that adorn it are from the 19th. Also check out the pulpit, the organ and the sacristy. The most striking thing about the church though, is the famed painting of the Annunciation by Bartolomeo Altomonte.
- Off Season (November – March approx): 8am-11am
- 8:30am everyday
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 6pm
- Sunday: 8:30am and 10:30am
How to Reach Minoritenkirche
- Tram stop "Scharlinz" line 1 or. 2
- Tram 1, 2, 3, stop Hauptplatz
- Bus 200, 230, 250, 251, 260, 270, 271, 305, 310 stop Linz/DonauDametzstraße
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Linz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Linz and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.75% of people who visit Linz include Minoritenkirche in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
36% of people start their Minoritenkirche visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Minoritenkirche
70% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Minoritenkirche