About Postlingbergbahn, Linz
Postlingbergbahn, Linz - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Auberg, 4040 Linz, Austria
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 06:00 am - 10:30 pm Details
Added 4.1K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Family And Kids, Train Ride
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This little mountain tram, established in the late 19th century, connects Linz’s Hauptplatz (Main Square) with the Postlingberg district that’s on top of a hill north of the city. It’s one of the steepestadhesion railways in the world. Naturally, then, this is one of the most popular attractions in the city. The journey on the train is lovely, even though it’s only about 4.4km from the square to Postlinberg.
Not far from the main square, you’ll also find a small museum, the Pöstlingbergbahn Museum, dedicated to the small tramway. It’s open March – November on Saturdays and Sundays and holidays from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Contact number provided is for the city’s tourist board.
- Each ride is 20 minutes long.
Postlingbergbahn Ticket Prices
- EUR 1.80 for 6-15 year olds.
- Return tickets: EUR 6 for adults; EUR 3 for 6-15 year olds.
How To reach Postlingbergbahn by Public Transport
- Catch the train from Hauptplatz.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Linz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Linz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Postlingbergbahn, Linz Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Pfarramt St Konrad
- Sankt Konrad
- Studentenheim Franz Jagerstatter Und Mensa Der Khg Linz
- Postcity - Ars Electronica Festival
- Urfahrwand, Linz
- Donau Park
- Stadt Park
- Aquarium- Terrarium Weissengruber
- Linz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Linz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Linz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Linz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Linz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Linz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Linz