Schlossmuseum Linz, Linz
Schlossmuseum Linz, Linz - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Schlossberg 1, 4010 Linz, Austria
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Schlossmuseum Linz, Linz
The bastion walls around the Freidrich Gate read out: A.E.I.O.U. (AllesErdreichistOsterreichsuntertan – All the earth pays tribute to Austria). That its Emperor’s Friedrich III’s legacy. He lived at this very place until his death in 1493. The fire of 1800 destroyed the building’s south wing; it is now rebuilt in steel and glass.
Today, it’s one of the most important museums in the country. Its collections cover folklore, Austrian technological history, musical instruments, numismatics, historical weaponry, natural history, graphic arts and prints, archaeological finds from prehistory, the Roman Age, and the Medieval Age, 19th and 20th century fine and cultural arts and many, many portraits.
Schlossmuseum Linz Information
- There are multiple experience options on the attraction website – check them out before you visit.
- Check out the restaurant on the terrace, from where you can enjoy views over the city.
- Disabled accessible, including specialised toiles.
- There may be separate timings for public holidays; check the website.
Schlossmuseum Linz Ticket Prices
- EUR 5 for groups of 8+
- EUR 4.50 for kids
- Family: EUR 13
- See if you qualify for a reduced or free ticket category on the attraction website.
How To reach Schlossmuseum Linz by Public Transport
- Tram 1, 2, 3, stop Hauptplatz
- Bus 200, 230, 250, 251, 260, 270, 271, 305, 310 stop Linz/DonauDametzstrasse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Linz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Linz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Schlossmuseum Linz, Linz Reviews - Write a Review
Wonderful historic place. A must if you visit Linz
The panorama alone makes the trip worthed
Great museum. Take at least 2-3 hours to see it all.
Nice view to the city
I think the best museum in linz, It deserves to be seen. But as all Austrian places, there is no English. All explanation, videos all are in German. Pardon you can see everywhere one couple of English: #Don't touch# :)