Are you looking for what to do in Linz?
PLACES TO SEE
- Mariendom Linz: The longest church in Austria, with some stunning stained glass windows.
- Ars Electronica Center: A futuristic looking exhibition centre that is Linz’s most popular attraction, especially for kids.
- Hauptplatz: Linz’s main square is one of Austria’s largest public spaces. Great landmarks and cafes line its sides.
- Postlingbergbahn: A cute mountain tram that takes you up the hill to Postlingberg. It’s one of the steepestadhesion railways in the world.
- Schlossmuseum Linz: A massive art and culture museum – one of the most important in the country.
Tours and Activities:
- DonauTouristikGmbh: A cycling outfit that will take you through some of the most scenic spots around. Get a local travel guide to help plan this around your itinerary.
- NeuesMusiktheater: A terrific opera house that serves beer and sandwiches at your seat.
- The Cultural Mile: Stretches between Brucknerhaus concert hall and the Lentos art museum and the Ars Electronica Center, along the Danube.
Below we have a list of things to do in Linz and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Linz getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Linz with confidence.