Ajuda National Palace131 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Largo Ajuda, 1349-021 Lisboa, Portuga, Lisbon, Portugal Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-213637095
- Ticket Price: 14 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Historical Site, Arts And Crafts
Before 1910, when Portugal became a republic, this grand palace was the official residence of the Portuguese Royal Family. As such, the reason to visit is clear – sheer, immodest grandeur. Luxuriously and lavishly decorated in every way, the palace and its treasures will keep you drooling for hours. Fine art, furniture, statuary and tapestries are only the beginning. There’s the Winter Garden and its exquisite ceiling; the Music Room and its precious oriental porcelain; the crystal chandeliers in the Dining Room. And the crowning jewel of them all – the Throne Room. Outside, you’ll see 23 statues representing various forms of virtue; a monument to King Carlos; and a tower from a now demolished church.
Ajuda National Palace Hours
- Free: First Sundays of the month (groups 12 pax max.), children under 14, teachers and students if in organized school visit.
- 50% off for Students, Youth Card, + 65.
How to Reach Ajuda National Palace
- Bus 742, 760 stop Ajuda (Palacio)
- Tram 18E stop CC. da Ajuda – GNR
- Bus 729 stp Ajuda
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisbon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisbon and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ajuda National Palace Address: Largo Ajuda, 1349-021 Lisboa, Portuga, Lisbon, Portugal
- Ajuda National Palace Contact Number: +351-213637095
- Ajuda National Palace Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Ajuda National Palace Price: 14 EUR
- Time required to visit Ajuda National Palace: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.58% of people who visit Lisbon include Ajuda National Palace in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50% of people start their Ajuda National Palace visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ajuda National Palace
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ajuda National Palace
People normally club together Design And Fashion Museum and Centro Colombo while planning their visit to Ajuda National Palace.