Castle Of Sao Jorge4730 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Rua de Santa Cruz do Castelo, 1100-129 Lisbon, Portugal
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-218800620
- Ticket Price: 80 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Castle, Square, Family And Kids, Fort, Heritage Building
The Castle of Sao Jorge is renowned as a Moorish manor possessing a highly summoning topmost ridge disregarding the notable focus of the Portuguese city of Lisbon and Tagus River. The firmly sustained fortification dates since the medieval time of Portuguese history, and is one of the principle vacationer locales of Lisbon. The chateau's foot shaped impression is harshly square, and it was initially surrounded by a divider, to shape a fortification.
The stronghold complex comprises of the manor itself or the castelejo, and some subordinate edifices inclusive of the vestiges of the imperial castle, the arrangements, and a vast terraced square from which a great panoramic view of Lisbon is visible. The principle passageway to the fortress is a nineteenth century entryway surmounted by the ensign of Portugal, the name of Queen Maria II, dated the year of 1846. This door allows access to the fundamental square- the Praca d'armas. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Lisbon Itinerary 7 Days.
Castle Of Sao Jorge Travel Tips
- The Praca d'armas is embellished with old cannons and a bronze statue of Afonso Henriques, the Portuguese ruler who conquered the manor from the Moors. This model is a duplicate of the nineteenth century original model by the artist Antonio Soares dos Reis.
Castle Of Sao Jorge Hours
- Periscope- Tower of Ulysses (subject to weather conditions) 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
How to Reach Castle Of Sao Jorge
- Rua de Santa Cruz do Castelo
- Santo Sntonio Alfama
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisbon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisbon and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.17% of people who visit Lisbon include Castle Of Sao Jorge in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
34.35% of people start their Castle Of Sao Jorge visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castle Of Sao Jorge
89.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castle Of Sao Jorge
Castle Of Sao Jorge Reviews & Ratings
How much does it cost to see the castle?Answer Report Abuse
The ticket price of São Jorge Castle is 8.50 Euro.Report Abuse