Cemiterio Dos Prazeres114 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Praça São João Bosco, 1350-297 Lisboa, Portugal, Lisbon Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-213961511
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Cemetery
This burial ground gets its rather curious name from the surrounding neighbourhood. Otherwise, there was little else fun about this place when first built. It was 1833, an the cholera epidemic raged fiercely; it was decided a large cemetery was needed for the victims of this disease, rich and poor alike. Today however, the cemetery is somewhat of a treasured heritage thanks to two reasons. Firstly, many notable figures are buries here - Amália Rodrigues; Fernando Pessoa used to be buries here until 1885; and there are others. Secondly, the architecture of the graves and monuments in the cemetery are nothing less than sublime! This because many of the people buried here came from truly wealthy families. It’s a peaceful, tranquil place.
Cemiterio Dos Prazeres Hours
- Entry closed 30 minutes before closing time.
How to Reach Cemiterio Dos Prazeres
- Bus 773 stop Escola Josefa de Óbidos
- Bus 751, 756 stop Bº do Loureiro - Av. de Ceuta
- Tram 28
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisbon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisbon and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Cemiterio Dos Prazeres Address: Praça São João Bosco, 1350-297 Lisboa, Portugal, Lisbon
- Cemiterio Dos Prazeres Contact Number: +351-213961511
- Cemiterio Dos Prazeres Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Cemiterio Dos Prazeres: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.37% of people who visit Lisbon include Cemiterio Dos Prazeres in their plan
95% of people start their Cemiterio Dos Prazeres visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Cemiterio Dos Prazeres
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cemiterio Dos Prazeres
People normally club together Ginjinha Sem Rival and Museu Do Chiado while planning their visit to Cemiterio Dos Prazeres.