Chiado SquareCurrently Open
- Address: Chiado, Lisbon, Portugal
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cafe, Entertainment, Square, Streets
Back in the 16th century, monk-turned-satirist António Ribeiro took up residence in this square, and gained the nickname Chiado. It commemorates its namesake with an excellent bronze statue of the man in the centre. The square is one of Lisbon’s historical hearts. Settled since antiquity, it is now the prime real estate. It’s a great place to people watch, especially for the many tourists that daily visit. Some of the sights you’ll see.
- Bronze statues of writers such as Fernando Pessoa
- The beautiful churches Igreja do Loreto (17th century) and Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Encarnacao (18th century)
- The historical A Brasileira Cafe
- The Carmo Convent
Surrounded as such by picturesque streets, cafes, shops and eateries, the Square is a place to easily while away long hours. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Lisbon Itinerary 7 Days.
- Rossio Train Station
- Buses 202, 758 stop Largo Trindade Coelho
- Bus 28E stop Chiado
- Buses 711, 736, 759 stop Rua do Ouro
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lisbon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisbon and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.32% of people who visit Lisbon include Chiado Square in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
55.12% of people start their Chiado Square visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chiado Square
78.15% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chiado Square