How to Reach Lisbon
HOW TO GET TO LISBON
- By Plane: The Aeroporto da Portela, 4 km northeast of the center of Lisbon, is Portugal’s largest hub. There are plenty of flights to Lisbon via this airport.
- By Car: Lisbon can also be accessed by car via 6 six main highways.
- By Train: Lisbon has frequent trains from Braga, Porto, Coimbra, Faro and Madrid.
- By Boat: You can reach Lisbon via boat from Barreiro, Trafaria, Montijo, and Cacilhas.
- By Bus: All nearby cities and most major cities in Portugal have direct buses to Lisbon. The main bus terminal is at Sete Rios.
HOW TO GET AROUND LISBON
- Older modes of transport: You should definitely once try out the old trams system or even the elevators to get around; it is a great way to move around.
- Modern subways: To make transport more efficient, there is access to various subways.
- Public taxis: The taxis are the best way to get around in Lisbon in terms of the convenience of point to point travel.
- By Bus: There are bus lines in place and you can use them to travel around the city at a cheaper rate.
Much of central Lisbon is also navigable on foot. Travel in Lisbon is pretty convenient.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Lisbon. The most preferred mode of transport in Lisbon is Car.
Average distance: 14.73 km Average time: 36.03 min
Car 45.45%Driving 28.62 min Walking 1.02 min Overall average time for 17.97 kms 29.64 min
Train/Metro 15.15%Train 30.47 min Waiting 8.07 min Walking 6.87 min Bus 3 min Other 1.8 min Tram 1 min Driving 0.33 min Overall average time for 18.47 kms 51.53 min
Motorbike 5.05%Motorbike 28.2 min Walking 0.4 min Overall average time for 24.6 kms 28.6 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.01%Tram 25 min Train 20 min Walking 10 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 35 kms 60 min
Walking 21.21%Walking 24.52 min Train 2.9 min Waiting 2.81 min Bus 2.62 min Tram 1.19 min Driving 1.19 min Motorbike 0.76 min Overall average time for 4.56 kms 36 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.07%Bus 27.71 min Waiting 9.14 min Walking 8.86 min Train 3.57 min Overall average time for 10.5 kms 49.29 min
Bike 2.02%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 15 min
|Almada to Lisbon||5.77 km||5 mins|
|Barreiro to Lisbon||9.51 km||9 mins|
|Amadora to Lisbon||10.23 km||10 mins|
|Amora to Lisbon||11.21 km||11 mins|
|Linda-a-velha to Lisbon||11.39 km||11 mins|
|Queluz to Lisbon||13.81 km||13 mins|
|Póvoa de santa iria e forte da casa to Lisbon||17.5 km||17 mins|
|Porto salvo to Lisbon||18.52 km||18 mins|
|Alcochete to Lisbon||19.44 km||19 mins|
|Oeiras to Lisbon||19.67 km||19 mins|