How to Reach Lisbon
The Easiest Way to Reach Lisbon
HOW TO GET TO LISBON
- By Plane: The Aeroporto da Portela, 4 km northeast of the center of Lisbon, is Portugal’s largest hub. There are plenty of flights to Lisbon via this airport.
- By Car: Lisbon can also be accessed by car via 6 six main highways.
- By Train: Lisbon has frequent trains from Braga, Porto, Coimbra, Faro and Madrid.
- By Boat: You can reach Lisbon via boat from Barreiro, Trafaria, Montijo, and Cacilhas.
- By Bus: All nearby cities and most major cities in Portugal have direct buses to Lisbon. The main bus terminal is at Sete Rios.
HOW TO GET AROUND LISBON
- Older modes of transport: You should definitely once try out the old trams system or even the elevators to get around; it is a great way to move around.
- Modern subways: To make transport more efficient, there is access to various subways.
- Public taxis: The taxis are the best way to get around in Lisbon in terms of the convenience of point to point travel.
- By Bus: There are bus lines in place and you can use them to travel around the city at a cheaper rate.
Much of central Lisbon is also navigable on foot. Travel in Lisbon is pretty convenient.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Lisbon and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Lisbon
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Lisbon. The most preferred mode of transport in Lisbon is Car.
Average distance: 14.91 km Average time: 36.56 min
Car 46.91%Driving 29 min Walking 0.95 min Overall average time for 18.09 kms 29.95 min
Train/Metro 16.05%Train 30.77 min Waiting 8.15 min Walking 7.92 min Bus 3.46 min Other 2.08 min Tram 1.15 min Driving 0.38 min Overall average time for 18.46 kms 53.92 min
Motorbike 4.94%Motorbike 24 min Overall average time for 23.25 kms 24 min
Walking 18.52%Walking 24.13 min Waiting 2.8 min Bus 2.67 min Train 1.87 min Tram 1.67 min Motorbike 1.07 min Other 0.67 min Driving 0.67 min Overall average time for 4.87 kms 35.53 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.41%Bus 27.33 min Waiting 10.67 min Walking 7.83 min Train 4.17 min Overall average time for 9.25 kms 50 min
Bike 2.47%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 15 min
- How to reach Cities Near Lisbon
- How to reach Pereira
- How to reach Maiorca
- How to reach Massarelos
- How to reach Cabeço De Montachique
- How to reach Alvaiázere
- How to reach Pias
- How to reach Feijó
- How to reach Pataias
- How to reach Casais De Revelhos
- How to reach Alqueidão Da Serra
- How to reach Bemposta
- How to reach São Julião Do Tojal
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Futtono
- How to reach Thomas
- How to reach Pucara
- How to reach Andahuaylillas
- How to reach Loipersbach Im Burgenland
- How to reach Loipersdorf Im Burgenland
- How to reach Sibonga
- How to reach Pampilhosa Da Serra
- How to reach Maidsville
- How to reach Fall River