Miradouro De Santa Catarina244 Votes Currently Open
- Address: R. de Santa Catarina S/N, 1200-012 Lisboa, Portugal, Lisbon Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Neighborhoods
No one knows quite when it happened, but this lookout became the favourite hangout for Lisbon’s more bohemian populace. High up on one of Lisbon’s old hills, the lookout gazes over Tagus River, the neighbourhoods of Lapa and Madrago and the roof of the St. Pall parish church. Towering over the lookout is a great statue of Adamastor, or Northwind, the mythical sea monster from the Portuguese epic poem "Os Lusiadas" by poet Luis de Camoes. There’s a café nearby. There are often musicians about, and young people with beer in their hands. Visit at dusk or dawn, the place is at its most magical.
How to Reach Miradouro De Santa Catarina
- Buses 25E, 714, 774 stop Rua de São Paulo / Bica
- Buses 28E stop Santa Catarina
- Cais do Sodré Metro Station – Green Line - Verde
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisbon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisbon and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Miradouro De Santa Catarina Address: R. de Santa Catarina S/N, 1200-012 Lisboa, Portugal, Lisbon
- Miradouro De Santa Catarina Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Miradouro De Santa Catarina: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.93% of people who visit Lisbon include Miradouro De Santa Catarina in their plan
40% of people start their Miradouro De Santa Catarina visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Miradouro De Santa Catarina
40% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Miradouro De Santa Catarina
People normally club together A Ginjinha and Carris Museum while planning their visit to Miradouro De Santa Catarina.