Museu Da Musica51 Votes Currently Open
- Address: R. João de Freitas Branco, 1500-359 Lisboa, Portugal, Lisbon
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-217710990
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Specialty Museums
Functional but neatly presented; the exhibits of this museum focus on musical instruments from the 16th to the 20th century. The majority of the collection is European, but there are African, Eastern and other Asian samples too. Altogether, there are over a 1000 specimens. Some of the instruments are quite rare and/or of high historical value. The Portuguese historical collection is comprehensive and high quality. You’ll find some unusual specimens such as pocket violins, flutes cane, glass flute, the Mellophone Jean Louis Olivier Cossoul or marine trumpets. The museum also spends some focus on notable historic musical personalities.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museu Da Musica
- EUR 1.50 for 65+, students and their teachers.
- Free for under 12, unemployed, the handicapped.
- Further ticket details available online.
How to Reach Museu Da Musica
- Alto dos Moinhos Underground Station - Blue line (Amadora Este - Santa Apolónia)
- Bus no. 754, 768 stop Alto Moinhos
- Bus no. 701, 726, 764 stop Loja do Cidadao
- Buses 703, 729, 750, 764, 765, 767, 799 stop Colégio Militar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisbon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisbon and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.72% of people who visit Lisbon include Museu Da Musica in their plan
95% of people start their Museu Da Musica visit around 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Museu Da Musica
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museu Da Musica