National Museum Of Ancient Art480 Votes Currently Open
- Address: R. das Janelas Verdes, 1249-017 Lisboa, Portugal, Lisbon Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-213912800
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Museums
This is officially considered to be Lisbon’s most important museum. Housed in a 17th century palace are priceless Portuguese art and religious art paintings. The museum was founded in 1884. The collection is mostly from the 14th through 19th centuries of Portuguese art; a smattering of other European Art; 16th century Japanese art; a collection of Chinese ceramics; and a small jewellery collection. Altogether there are about 60 rooms of treasures.
Right behind the museum is another treat – a sculpture garden. It overlooks the Tagus River for some nice views. There’s a cafe.
How to Reach National Museum Of Ancient Art
- Buses 713, 714, 727 stop Rua das Janelas Verdes
- Av. 24 de Julho Bus 728, 732, 760, Tram 15E, 18E
- Largo de Santos Tram 25E
- Clube De Fado
- A Travessa
- Cervejaria da Trindade
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisbon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisbon and book an accommodation of your choice.
- National Museum Of Ancient Art Address: R. das Janelas Verdes, 1249-017 Lisboa, Portugal, Lisbon
- National Museum Of Ancient Art Contact Number: +351-213912800
- National Museum Of Ancient Art Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- National Museum Of Ancient Art Price: 6 EUR
- Time required to visit National Museum Of Ancient Art: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
5.8% of people who visit Lisbon include National Museum Of Ancient Art in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.56% of people start their National Museum Of Ancient Art visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National Museum Of Ancient Art
92.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Ancient Art
People normally club together Design And Fashion Museum and Berardo Museum while planning their visit to National Museum Of Ancient Art.