Palace Of The Marquises186 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: R. Sao Domingos de Benfica 1, 1500-554 Lisboa, Portugal, Lisbon
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-217782023
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Palace
Built in 1671 as a hunting pavilion, the palace is still the private residence of the Marquesses of Fronteira. As such, all visits to inside the palace are guided. Multi-lingual guides will take you through one of the most beautiful houses in all of Lisbon.
- Room of the Battles, with scenes from the Portuguese Restoration War.
- The 16th century chapel
- The Dining Room, decorated with paintings by Domingos Antonio de Sequeira.
The mansion’s most striking delight, though, is the garden outside. 5.5 hectare in size, it is especially famous for the busts of Kings of Portugal; and for the statues of the seven gods associated with the Classical Planets.
Entrance Ticket Details For Palace Of The Marquises
- EUR 3 if visiting the gardens only.
Palace Of The Marquises Hours
- The inside of the palace is only open to visitors in the morning.
Palace guided tour times:
- June – September: 10:30 am, 11:00 am, 11:30 am, 12:00 pm
- October – May: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
June – September
- Monday – Friday: 10:30 am - 01:00 pm and 02:00 pm and 05:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:30 am - 01:00 pm
- Monday – Friday: 11:00 am - 01:00 pm and 02:00 pm and 05:00 pm
- Saturday: 11:00 am - 01:00 pm
How to Reach Palace Of The Marquises
- Bus 770 stop Travessa de Sao Domingos
- It’s best to take a taxi or drive to here; take the bus back.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisbon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisbon and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.74% of people who visit Lisbon include Palace Of The Marquises in their plan
68.75% of people start their Palace Of The Marquises visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Palace Of The Marquises
90.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palace Of The Marquises
Palace Of The Marquises Reviews & Ratings
Make sure you look up the times of the visit BEFORE! I had just missed the tour of inside the Palais and was so bummed. The gardens were beautiful but the terrace was ONLY for the tour. I thought I would be able to visit the terrace since it was outside but unfortunately it wasn’t and that was a big disappointment. Such a beautiful place with so much charm. Really feel so grateful I was able to visit. Honestly the best hidden charm of Lisbon!
Unfortunately the day we visited the garden was closed for a private event. The tour guide was very nice and welcoming and the place is absolutely beautiful, I wish I could stay longer and take more pictures from different angles with the changing light. I know you can rent for weddings and private events, I hope to be involved in some nice project here in the future.
Interesting private residence which is a bit out of the city. It's possible to visit the gardens or also complete a guided tour of the house. It's 6 euro for the garden or 11 euro for the garden and guided tour. Note that no photos are allowed inside. The guided tour is detailed but I would say the gardens are the reason you come here. Note there are only a limited number of guided tours mainly around late morning
We did the tour. Several interesting rooms with gorgeous views of the garden and the city. The gardens were incredible and there’s a native black swan that lives in the pond in the garden.
This park has a beautiful garden which is not too overcrowded. If you take your time you can easily spend 2 hours of wandering around and admiring the estate.